GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Funding for EU students - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funding for EU students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding for EU students

Don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction for this one........

Son has met a girl online, she came for summer work and has stayed with son! She took a break from her biochemistry degree and has now gained a place to study at a Welsh uni. She can have loans for tuition fees but nothing towards living costs. She is living in Cornwall but as the work is seasonal she is only earning about £30 per week at present.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Funding for EU students

Try this ----> http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-student...ies/eu_funding
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

she should look at Erasmus funding, it's a Europe wide thing

My son just had a four month holiday sorry I mean study period in Spain entirely paid for by his University Erasmus fund, there were students from all over Europe and further doing the same thing. I think local funcing plays a part but this is always ting fenced cash so should be available

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Unfortunately she has only been living in the uk for 9 months so fails on the residency aspect for loans.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          she should look at Erasmus funding, it's a Europe wide thing

My son just had a four month holiday sorry I mean study period in Spain entirely paid for by his University Erasmus fund, there were students from all over Europe and further doing the same thing. I think local funcing plays a part but this is always ting fenced cash so should be available
          Unfortunately this funding only for 3 to 12 months as part of a degree; she has chosen to restart her degree for the whole 3 years, so again won't be eligible!

Comment

Working...
          X