GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Employees that touch your soul :( - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employees that touch your soul :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees that touch your soul :(

I'm a hr manager at a medium sized firm, we have a lovely man who is 73 who was working full time up to 12 months ago. I have been speaking to him regularly as work is his respite as he cares for his son with severe mental health problems. Spoke to him last a week ago and I knew he was suffering (bone cancer) I received a call today from his daughter to say he died last night and he had left a note to ask them to phone me he put the gentle into gentleman I am so going to miss him

Pointless post really but I cannot believe how unbelievably sad I feel. He lost his wife 15 years ago and said he stopped living when she died as she made life worth living I hope the strength of love means they are together again now.

Jane x

Re: Employees that touch your soul

It's not a pointless post Jane, sending a big hug to you
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Definitely not a pointless post Jane, I am in the same line as you and have had to deal with deaths in the business, some of older employees and some accidents where they have been in their 20's and it does affect you and make you sad, especially if you have a relationship with them, even if it is only over the telephone - that is what makes you a nice person and the employees are lucky to have you x
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Just take comfort in the fact that hes now back with his wife, and they are happy. No one ever dies, we just move on
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Awww so very sad Jane, bless you
          So very true though, of the thousands of patients I nursed over the years there are some who were just special souls who I remember as clearly as if it was yesterday.
          He will be with his wife now, I saw enough to convince me of that
          Sending hugs,
          Elsa xxx

Comment

Bless his heart and bless you for being a friend to him xxx

Comment

It's not a pointless post at all Jane. The world would be a better place if there were more people like that gentleman in it.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                It's not a pointless post at all Jane. The world would be a better place if there were more people like that gentleman in it.
                And with HR people who care like you do about the workers. Your caring nature obviousy affected him which is why he wanted you contacted.

Comment

Big hugs to you Jane…. xx
                  Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                  X