GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I've had a (quite possibly dangerous) Idea! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had a (quite possibly dangerous) Idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a (quite possibly dangerous) Idea!

Due to current employment climate i have been racking my brains at ways to legitimately build a realistic income and think i may have found a beauty.

My problem is for this i would be looking at a realistic initial outlay of between about 5-25k all dependant on building size and rental/buying costs.

Essentially size wise i'd be looking at a small car park but enclosed in a building as i will be having a mixed use for this building.

My current credit rating is appalling so doubt i could manage to sort this out but wondered if anyone knew of any grants or more start up friendly banks that may be more willing to help me set this off the ground.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: I've had a (quite possibly dangerous) Idea!

That depends on lots of things matey such as is it a service or an invention? There is more help for entrepreneurs than for start-ups.

See this as an example and run the test --> UK Government Grants & Loans - The UK Business Funding Centre
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is good for info too mate (copied from mobile so URL may be slightly wrong) --> Grants - where to get them | Startups
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        This is good for info too mate (copied from mobile so URL may be slightly wrong) --> Grants - where to get them | Startups
        Here is the *desktop* link
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck If it involves plant growing there is a good and expanding market

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
            Good luck If it involves plant growing there is a good and expanding market
            albeit, not one likely for funding
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              albeit, not one likely for funding
              Pity eh? Its one of the few growth (get it?) industries

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                  i have been racking my brains at ways to legitimately build a realistic income and think i may have found a beauty.
                  There was a good reason why i placed that where i did.

I'm trying to rack my brains on what sort of floor space i would actually need and its really bugging me.

Looks like i may have to book a viewing of a few places to get an insight and then make a floor plan off that.
                  I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Looking through things i know i'm gonna need a fair amount of initial investment to get this up and running (if i end up doing so)

Comment

Good luck with it all. Partnership then perhaps?

Comment

Just had a quick search on gov.uk and found a 18-24 start up loan matching service thingy http://www.startuploans.co.uk/ I like how it has one of the dragons from dragons den on the home page.

Comment

Working...
                        X