GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script booboo DWP Rights and paymentts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

booboo DWP Rights and paymentts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booboo DWP Rights and paymentts

Reading the JSA Gov website on eligibility

i may be getting the boot in my job role/or i may hand my notice in.

Either way, reading the JSA eligibility, it says with regarding partner: if works more than 24 hours in a week you get 'Nil' or more than £6,000 in savings (my partner works more than 24 hrs a week, has a mortgage with her brother on a house, more than £6,000 in savings BUT none of that is in my name or i have access to them (my partner had ALL that before we married) Would i be still entitled to any JSA?

i know that i don;t get any housing or c/tax entitlement
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: booboo DWP Rights and paymentts

Who knows with DWP - they seem to make the rules as they go along.

If you hand in your notice you will not be entitled to anything as far as I am aware as you would then be intentionally unemployed.

As for if you wait until you are given the boot, then you are entitled to apply - I would do it anyway, they can always say no. As I read it, the 24 hour rule applies to Income Based JSA and not Contribution based which is what you normally apply for. Also, though it may have changed, I thought the savings limit was £16K for couples?

Pompey will be a good person to ask.
    Last edited by oscar; 16 February 2015, 09:53.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: booboo DWP Rights and paymentts

thanks Oscar for the feedback - i'll look more into it (JSA is the same as income Based - no different in monies), But as it's said, they make things up as they go along!

Comment

Working...
      X