GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA Personal Advisor Interview - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA Personal Advisor Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA Personal Advisor Interview

I have now got an appointment for my personal advisor interview.
    I am just a bit nervous as to how I should be and what i should say. If this was a medical assesment I would take someone with me for support but the letter actively discourages me having someone with me by saying the job centres get very busy.

Any advice would be appreciated
    I scored 15 points on mental incapacity when i went to appeal from 0 on my assesment. One of my points was that i do not "do" busy places well or strangers, hence I cycle rather than the bus or if I have to use the train I hide in my tablet/phone.

Thanks
    jon

Re: ESA Personal Advisor Interview

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    I am just a bit nervous as to how I should be and what i should say.
    Be yourself and say the truth

If this was a medical assesment I would take someone with me for support but the letter actively discourages me having someone with me by saying the job centres get very busy.
    Its not your problem that job centres get busy. If you feel the need to take a friend for support then ask someone to go with you and ignore the 'active discouragement'. They haven't said you CAN'T take someone with you.......
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Be yourself and say the truth

Its not your problem that job centres get busy. If you feel the need to take a friend for support then ask someone to go with you and ignore the 'active discouragement'. They haven't said you CAN'T take someone with you.......
      Even if they said that he cant in reality could they stop him
      Only from entering the interview and even then thats an unlikely outcome
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Is this the disability adviser regarding capacity for work? I had one of these a year ago and the job centre lady i saw was actually very useful. We had a chat about my illness and what i was (or wasn't capable of) at the time. I would meet with her at regular intervals and discuss if anything had changed and that was it.

Good luck tomorrow, i'm sure you'll be ok. Just be upfront about your anxiety x

edit - and she scheduled my future appointments for later in the day as i was groggy in the morning from my medication
        Last edited by confused76; 5 October 2012, 18:54.

Comment

Thanks confused, it's not tomorrow it's a week on Wednesday. It was for the Thursday but I have a duty I can not get out of on that day. They were fine about changing it. I will ask a friend to come with me although it's not far, only in the town so I could walk or cycle

Comment

Thanks confused, it's not tomorrow it's a week on Wednesday. It was for the Thursday but I have a duty I can not get out of on that day. They were fine about changing it. I will ask a friend to come with me although it's not far, only in the town so I could walk or cycle
            I'm sure there will be no issue with you taking someone with you. you'll be fine xx

Comment

Jon shouldnt be an issue as others have said.....last 2 time's i've had someone with me and nobody bothers

My advisor insisted on 3mnth visits...waste of bloody space half the time she talks about how much she hates her job etc !

she's that bothered she now wont see me till next year thank god

Comment

Well had my meeting. Got myself a bit worked up about it but hey ho. Need to decide if i want to go to one of the providers or keep going to the job centre. My feeling is job centre. Any thoughts. Apparently i am still appealing the decision to put me in the wrag. I thought that was settled. She also thought i had migrated from IB. Apparently because i have been on sea for more than 12 months i am classed as having a disability.

Comment

Working...
                X