GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Benefits letters to arrive soon - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benefits letters to arrive soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits letters to arrive soon

Letters explaining a new benefits cap are being sent out, and some people could receive them even if they are exempt from the changes in April 2013. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said changing circumstances for some claimants could make the letters out of date. The first letters are expected to land on doormats on Thursday, explaining who is affected and who is exempt. Couples and lone parent households will see benefits capped at £26,000 a year. Claims for single people will be limited to about £18,200. The DWP, which is sending out the letters, said that the list of recipients was based on recent records of benefits claimants. "This is the right position to take to inform people of changes - especially those who benefit claims have changed - and set out the help that will be available," a DWP spokesman said.
    A helpline will be set up for those affected. The cap will not affect a household if someone who lives there qualifies for working tax credit.....Read more here--: BBC News - Benefits letters to arrive soon
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Benefits letters to arrive soon

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
    Letters explaining a new benefits cap are being sent out, and some people could receive them even if they are exempt from the changes in April 2013. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) said changing circumstances for some claimants could make the letters out of date. The first letters are expected to land on doormats on Thursday, explaining who is affected and who is exempt. Couples and lone parent households will see benefits capped at £26,000 a year. Claims for single people will be limited to about £18,200. The DWP, which is sending out the letters, said that the list of recipients was based on recent records of benefits claimants. "This is the right position to take to inform people of changes - especially those who benefit claims have changed - and set out the help that will be available," a DWP spokesman said.
    A helpline will be set up for those affected. The cap will not affect a household if someone who lives there qualifies for working tax credit.....Read more here--: BBC News - Benefits letters to arrive soon
    Whilst that is true, it is relevant to point out that many on working tax credit were affected because the rules on working tax credit changed and thus many were plunged into the no working tax credit bracket as the hours changed from 16 to 24

Comment

Working...
    X