GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Originally posted by Natty View Post
    I really do not know what to do.
    Ok, so tell us what you're thinking and we'll help guide you through it

Theres no right or wrong here except what works for you and you're comfortable with.

BTW, the response from P2P was a stock response, I've seen it before which is why you got it so quickly!
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I want you to understand you have a lot more time than you think. I actually eat my own dogfood and totally empathize with your position - I've been there too!

The link below is my own 'story' dealing with the other side of P2P (namely Quickquid).

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post211310

You can see that they are 99% of the time all bluster and noise. You have more time than you think to deal with this, and you have more important things going on in your life right now. If I were you I would be prioritizing my life like this:

1) Be there for you dad
      2) As above
      3) As above
      4) Enjoy your life
      5) Forget about LS until you get a response from the FOS then let us know what the response it
      6) Ignore P2P for now unless you get a legal threat, and lets deal with LS first. Knock your pins down one at a time!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Ok, so tell us what you're thinking and we'll help guide you through it

Theres no right or wrong here except what works for you and you're comfortable with.

BTW, the response from P2P was a stock response, I've seen it before which is why you got it so quickly!
        I am happy with the FOS dealing with LS, after they closed loan number 2, I feel fairly confident dealing with them. Btw the FOS contacted me yesterday to say they are STILL awaiting LS to send information. They have asked LS to explain why loan number 2 did not meet their criteria.

P2P - I was hoping to set up a payment plan, however they are not going to freeze interest & charges. I am really annoyed & amazed how flippant they have been in their response to my email. They do not seem to give a damn that they sent information to an email account and took 4 months to respond.

Comment

I want you to understand you have a lot more time than you think. I actually eat my own dogfood and totally empathize with your position - I've been there too!

The link below is my own 'story' dealing with the other side of P2P (namely Quickquid).

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post211310

You can see that they are 99% of the time all bluster and noise. You have more time than you think to deal with this, and you have more important things going on in your life right now. If I were you I would be prioritizing my life like this:

1) Be there for you dad
          2) As above
          3) As above
          4) Enjoy your life
          5) Forget about LS until you get a response from the FOS then let us know what the response it
          6) Ignore P2P for now unless you get a legal threat, and lets deal with LS first. Knock your pins down one at a time!

Thank You SnV,

I will read your story and you are so right in how I should be prioritizing my life.

Thank you you so much for your patience & support.

Comment

SnV,

I have started reading your story, and I now understand why you stated I have more time, than I think. A lot of bedtime reading for me. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              You have more chance of meeting Lord Lucan and being struck by lightening while shaking his hand than a DCA turning up on your doorstep.

Don't get me wrong, it has and does happen - but certainly not overnight, and when it has happened, has been after months or years of dialogue.
              Thanks Oscar, just me stressing and going into panic mode, yet again! Thank goodness for AAD.

Comment

natty please
                calm down and take a step back. these company's like to be in charge,or think they are, at the moment with SnV help YOU are the one calling the shots, it is very rare that they come to your home, that is something they threaten you with in the hope you will pay what you cannot afford,
                sit down , take a deep breath in and out and repeat these words
                I AIN'T GOT IT, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, TAKE A RUNNING JUMP.
                then wait and see what they send next. love you NW (mrs) xx

Comment

Thanks nanna, I can deal with these two compaines myself as I have gained so much knowledge from SnV, I just need to know how they handle disputes.
                  Well, now you know.

As one might have expected, they'll respond with arrogant, American flim-flam.

Comment

I am just stressng at the thought of DCA harassing me at home.
                    It won't happen.

I really do not want to put my Mum & Dad through that.
                    Through what - threatening to take them away for sale to vivisectionists or fitting them for cement overshoes if you don't pay?

They're not allowed to do either and have less right to be there than does your neighbour's cat.

I really do not know what to do.
                    Go to your family quack and get some treatment for stress/anxiety, before it makes you really ill.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                      You have more chance of meeting Lord Lucan riding Shergar
                      I've fixed your post for you.

Comment

If they were going to contact your employer, or harass you at your parents they'd have done it already.
                        Besides, wouldn't that be more than slightly illegal?

Comment

I actually eat my own dogfood
                          Whilst your poor dog starves?

Comment

It's about time you learned to multiquote Cloggy!

I haven't had any dealings with PDLs but I can remember when I first started with UE, I wanted everything to happen "now", sent replies straight away etc. It didn't take me long to realise that it wasn't necessary and worrying was only making me feel worse.

It's 5 years since I sent off my first CCA requests and in all that time I've only had one guy knock at the door...and he went away without a fuss when I told him to.

It's not long until your Dad's op and you need to be feeling well enough to help him and your Mum. Worrying only hurts YOU and that's what the creditors want. Don't give them the satisfaction! x
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                              natty please
                              calm down and take a step back. these company's like to be in charge,or think they are, at the moment with SnV help YOU are the one calling the shots, it is very rare that they come to your home, that is something they threaten you with in the hope you will pay what you cannot afford,
                              sit down , take a deep breath in and out and repeat these words
                              I AIN'T GOT IT, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, TAKE A RUNNING JUMP.
                              then wait and see what they send next. love you NW (mrs) xx
                              Nightwatch, Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                It won't happen.

Through what - threatening to take them away for sale to vivisectionists or fitting them for cement overshoes if you don't pay?

They're not allowed to do either and have less right to be there than does your neighbour's cat.

Go to your family quack and get some treatment for stress/anxiety, before it makes you really ill.
                                Thanks CC, I just go into panic mode, when I receive a response and want to reply right away! I will learn eventually.

Many thanks for your support.

Comment

Working...
                                X