GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lending Stream - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lending Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lending Stream

Just an update on Dad! His op was cancelled as they do not have any beds on the Critical care ward.

I picked him him up after 3, he now has to wait another week or so.

Many thanks for all the support and kind words.

xx

Comment

Oh dear, that's horrible, waiting makes everyone feel worse.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That happened to me once Natty , been there all day at 9pm they had an emergency. Love to you all xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SnV,

Yet another response from P2P: Each time I receive a response it is from a different agent. There is no continuity.

Warmest wshes
          Natty

Dear Natty,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account. We have reviewed your account and your CPA was cancelled at your request back in January. At that time you were informed collection procedures on the account until there was a payment plan in place. Since then, there were no payment plans put in place to stop the collection procedures on your account.

Please contact us via phone so we are able to discuss payment options to get this matter resolved. We are more than happy to assist you and apologize for any inconvenience.

Comment

Sorry to hear that your Dad's operation was cancelled at the last minute Natty

Whatever you do, and I'm sure you know this by now, don't phone P2P. It's annoying when emails come from different agents but they're obviously just sending out standard responses.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Sorry to hear that your Dad's operation was cancelled at the last minute Natty

Whatever you do, and I'm sure you know this by now, don't phone P2P. It's annoying when emails come from different agents but they're obviously just sending out standard responses.
              Thanks Pxie - no I will no contact them by phone. It is always 10 steps back with them. I have just received another email from P2P:

Comment

Hi SnV,

The latest update from P2P:

Dear Natty,

I write with reference to your recent complaint about your Pounds To Pocket loan.

I am sorry you have found it necessary to complain. Enclosed is a copy of our complaint procedure for your information.

We are looking into the points you have made and will provide a full response or update as soon as possible.

As you will see from the attached complaint procedure, we have eight weeks from the date we receive your complaint to send you our ‘Final Response’. If at that time you are still unhappy with our decision, you will have six months from the date of our 'Final Response' to refer your complaint back to the Financial Ombudsman Service for them to adjudicate in the matter on your behalf.

Once again, I am sorry that you felt the need to complain. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

So left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, no surprises there. You're right in that there is no continuity. I would suggest that someone has woken up to the fact that they have to follow the FCA process with regard to complaint handling, hence the last email. I doubt their 'Final Response' will agree with your request to revert the balance back to Jan, but lets wait and see.

Originally posted by Natty View Post

Dear Natty,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account. We have reviewed your account and your CPA was cancelled at your request back in January. At that time you were informed collection procedures on the account until there was a payment plan in place. Since then, there were no payment plans put in place to stop the collection procedures on your account.

Please contact us via phone so we are able to discuss payment options to get this matter resolved. We are more than happy to assist you and apologize for any inconvenience.
                  Hi SnV,

The latest update from P2P:

Dear Natty,

I write with reference to your recent complaint about your Pounds To Pocket loan.

I am sorry you have found it necessary to complain. Enclosed is a copy of our complaint procedure for your information.

We are looking into the points you have made and will provide a full response or update as soon as possible.

As you will see from the attached complaint procedure, we have eight weeks from the date we receive your complaint to send you our ‘Final Response’. If at that time you are still unhappy with our decision, you will have six months from the date of our 'Final Response' to refer your complaint back to the Financial Ombudsman Service for them to adjudicate in the matter on your behalf.

Once again, I am sorry that you felt the need to complain. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

SnV,

I have recived the email below from LS today. The balance is now £2'583.00, It appears that they may have closed another loan as they only mention 3 below? Remember I had 5 loans but they closed loan 2 a few weeks ago, advising it did not meet their criteria.
                    Yes I recall, though until you have something in writing stating they have written off another account I wouldn't make that assumption, but it is looking positive. This is still with the FOS so I imagine some very pointed questions are being asked right now. Its difficult for them to argue now not to write off the other two loans if the prior one you didn't meet their lending criteria........

You're not the one under pressure right now, they are, so let them squirm. Now, even if the FOS do not find in your favour, LS would have to demonstrate why the other loans should be enforceable (i.e. have their lending criteria subject to scrutiny) if they issued a court claim and I doubt very much they would have an appetite for this.
                    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

SnV,

Mamy thanks for the responses.

I have had the usual email and texts chasing payments from LS.

I have today received a letter from P2P, which is the completely the opposite of what their last email stated.

it is dated the 26 April 2015.

FINAL NOTICE - IMPENDING ACCOUNT SALE

The letter says my account will be sold on 7 May 2015. (It does look like one of their automated standard letters). A lot of the print is in bold caps and highlighted in red.

it is offering a payment plan

30 April £373.81. ( it is the 1 May today)
                      29 May £373.81
                      30 Jun. £373.81

Comment

Yes, that looks like an automated letter.

I don't know why these companies think that bold caps being highlighted in red should scare us into paying. Let them sell it!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Natty any news about dad ?
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            Hi Natty any news about dad ?

Hi Nanna,

Thanks for asking. Yes Dad has his op in 2 weeks.

X

Comment

SnV,

Mamy thanks for the responses.

I have had the usual email and texts chasing payments from LS.

I have today received a letter from P2P, which is the completely the opposite of what their last email stated.

it is dated the 26 April 2015.

FINAL NOTICE - IMPENDING ACCOUNT SALE

The letter says my account will be sold on 7 May 2015. (It does look like one of their automated standard letters). A lot of the print is in bold caps and highlighted in red.

it is offering a payment plan

30 April £373.81. ( it is the 1 May today)
                              29 May £373.81
                              30 Jun. £373.81
                              Well looks like the account will be sold tomorrow. Fantastic! No I really did say that! The simple fact that they will have sold the account before the statutory time limit given to respond to a complaint will only give you plenty of ammunition to fire at whichever debt purchaser picks this up (I would put money on it being Arc Europe, or Buchanan Clark & Wells aka BCW aka Red Castle).

Do nothing now - you will have some breathing space while they sell off a load of accounts and lets see what you get next.

Best
                              SnV

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Nanna,

X
                              Fingers crossed all goes well

Comment

Hi Nanna,

X
                                Hope all goes well too Natty

Best wishes
                                IF
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X