GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A Few Loans With Swift Sterling - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Few Loans With Swift Sterling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Loans With Swift Sterling

AKA, Christ, I've done it again

Hi folks.

I've come back to the forums for a bit of help, as you helped me greatly with a similar problem last year.

I have a total of four loans with Swift Sterling, all of which are due to be paid back on September 26th. They are all for £64.99 each. (Totalling £259.96).

I am currently ten months into bankruptcy, but sadly fell into the PDL trap again. I am hoping to come to an amicable solution with SS.

The problem is, I will not have £260 by Sept 26th. I have emailed them and offered a short term payment plan, basically, £100 on the 26th and then the rest on Oct 3rd, and also requested them to freeze interest and stop charges, so I could pay them back in a timely manner.

However, they replied asking me to ring them.

I know you've advised in the past to do everything in writing, so I'm basically asking what you suggest.

Thanks.

Re: A Few Loans With Swift Sterling

I would email back again, stating that you would like everything to be kept in writing only and restate your offer.

You have some time before these need to be paid back - is there anything you can do to get some cash (see some stuff on eBay etc).

You need to be very careful here, as you've probably broken the terms of your bankruptcy and also you shouldn't be mentioning this to Swift Stirling either.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SnV, I'll do that.

I hope I haven't broken any terms (I fell into the trap of there being easy money when I was short), hopefully they'll just let me pay a week later and I can move on like nothing happened!

Comment

Benefit back payment to the rescue.

Now let's not do that again, eh!

Comment

Originally posted by eugenespeed View Post
          Benefit back payment to the rescue.

Now let's not do that again, eh!
          Good stuff. Easier said than done, but please do not apply for any further PDL's no matter how appealing or easy they may appear.

The fact that you're BR, makes a mockery of their 'afforabiilty assessments' putting aside the issue that they lent you FOUR!
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X