GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script car insurance claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car insurance claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car insurance claim

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I had a small bump in my car the other week, a guy ran into the back of me. Very slow speed, no injuries, no damage to his bike only very minor damage to my car. The police said they'd leave it up to the insurers, although there could have been an issue with due care and attention on his part, but it was so minor there was no point doing anything. I reported it to my insurers using their online form. Since then his insurers have called twice trying to get me to agree to them repairing my car and withdrawing my insurance claim. I don't think I can do this as it's a motability car so technically I'm not the owner.

They've also written saying that by insisting on going through my insurers I could be breaking the law. They say that I have a legal duty to sort this out as cheaply as possible and since that's by doing it their way I'm failing in that duty.

So, do I just ignore them? I can't really see what they gain by doing this, but it's a bit annoying. The legal crap letter I'm not too worried about, it sounded too much like clutching at straws to me! But just in case they're right about it what should I do?

Re: car insurance claim

http://www.5ive-o.org/forum/forum.php

register and post on this forum....full of experts who offer advice truthfully...as far as they are aware..........no easy-outs recommended on here....special section on insurance problems, modded by insurance experts with no axe to grind.....you might find me on there too, albeit not with this user name...and not so much these days.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
      Hi, I hope someone can help.

I had a small bump in my car the other week, a guy ran into the back of me. Very slow speed, no injuries, no damage to his bike only very minor damage to my car. The police said they'd leave it up to the insurers, although there could have been an issue with due care and attention on his part, but it was so minor there was no point doing anything. I reported it to my insurers using their online form. Since then his insurers have called twice trying to get me to agree to them repairing my car and withdrawing my insurance claim. I don't think I can do this as it's a motability car so technically I'm not the owner.

They've also written saying that by insisting on going through my insurers I could be breaking the law. They say that I have a legal duty to sort this out as cheaply as possible and since that's by doing it their way I'm failing in that duty.

So, do I just ignore them? I can't really see what they gain by doing this, but it's a bit annoying. The legal crap letter I'm not too worried about, it sounded too much like clutching at straws to me! But just in case they're right about it what should I do?
      Tell your insurance company everything they're saying to you and let them deal with it. That's what you pay them for - it isn't your worry!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
        Tell your insurance company everything they're saying to you and let them deal with it. That's what you pay them for - it isn't your worry!
        Casper this thread is from September 2010 I think all sorted now xx
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
          Casper this thread is from September 2010 I think all sorted now xx
          That's what you call a considered response!

Now, about this new-fangled horseless carriage malarky.........
          Last edited by charitynjw; 21 July 2011, 11:13.

Comment

I like to get things right

It came up under new posts!

Anyway, can't hang around, researching an answer to that question from 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
              I like to get things right

It came up under new posts!

Anyway, can't hang around, researching an answer to that question from 2009!
              Yes Scorpio posted and I move his post to a new thread

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Now, about this new-fangled horseless carriage malarky.........
                I do hope they become popular, as the increase of numbers of horse-drawn cabs in London is becoming a problem. Someone has calculated that, if they continue to increase at the present rate, London will be knee-deep in horse droppings by 1974.

Comment

Working...
                X