GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script High Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Charges

Hi Guys, My daughter has just moved into rented accomodation and has contacted Hasting and informed them of the new address, they have charged her £35 to change the adress on her policy. This can not be right, anyone had any similar charges, cheers Pez

Re: High Charges

Sounds a tad high, but it will be in their terms of business I'm afraid.

Most companies charge between £10 and £45 per change to policy.

Comment

True MGFBOY, but I do not think this charge is not a true reflection of the actual cost of changing an address which lets face it is a few clicks of a mouse and some paper and ink to send out new documents.

Should be challenged in court, however that is not going to happen because it is only £35 and thus no one will bother and why they can get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        True MGFBOY, but I do not think this charge is not a true reflection of the actual cost of changing an address which lets face it is a few clicks of a mouse and some paper and ink to send out new documents.

Should be challenged in court, however that is not going to happen because it is only £35 and thus no one will bother and why they can get away with it
        Hi Guys, thanks for the replys, as I thought you are both right, nowt we can do. I will let thrm know by letter that this charge will mean no renual and comments will be left as negative on the review websites but I am sure that will have no effect. Many thanks again Pez

Comment

Pez.

At renewal get your daughter to go elsewhere even if these guys are the cheapest.

When they come on bleating why you change tell them because they charged you this fee.

If more consumers had longer memories and didnt just auto renew cause its easier this sort of charge would within the industry get known as something that reduces or harms renewal rates and therefore profits.

Yes they all do it but my motto is be scammed once is unfortunate being scammed twice by the same company is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
            Pez.

At renewal get your daughter to go elsewhere even if these guys are the cheapest.

When they come on bleating why you change tell them because they charged you this fee.

If more consumers had longer memories and didnt just auto renew cause its easier this sort of charge would within the industry get known as something that reduces or harms renewal rates and therefore profits.

Yes they all do it but my motto is be scammed once is unfortunate being scammed twice by the same company is stupid.
            Hi Ken, we will certainly do that, thought about a call to their customer service to explain what happened and that there are 7 members of our family who insure with them and guess how many will be renewing --- nada - none - nowt, cheers Pez

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

I used to charge £15 for a policy change and when we checked how long the process took, we weren't making much money/any at all at that rate.

I hate to say naught for naught in this world and what is a true reflection of costs anyway, I've never understood it becuase it will vary for every different situation. As of it's just a few clicks of a mouse and paper, they are not free you should try running a business and you would soon find out the costs!!!!

PS I'm feel like a right grumpy sod nthis morning !!
              Last edited by mgfboy; 21 March 2013, 11:28.

Comment

Working...
              X