CPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPP

This is my first post so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have received two separate letters headed: IMPORTANT: YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION FOR YOUR CARD AND/OR IDENTITY PROTECTION POLICY

They go on to say I bought a card and/or identity protection policy through them (CPP), a bank or a card issuer and I may be entitled to compensation. The two letters and attachments are identical except for the reference and policy numbers at the top of the letter. Then they say they will write to me within 12 weeks.

I'm not sure what this is all about, I do have a rather vague recollection of filling in CPP forms detailing all my cards around 10 years ago, but no idea how much I paid for the service or how long I had it for. Later on (probably in 2005) I recall the A&L selling an ID theft policy to me over the phone, again, no idea how long I had it or how much I paid.

The letters look legitimate enough, is this for real or could they be from one of them claims management outfits? Around 5 years ago I had a rather suspicious looking letter from a company called "Assets Reunited", saying I would be entitled to some cash for an old endowment. I was so suspicious of the whole thing I gave them a bank account where I had just a few quid in case it was a scam, they paid over £4k into it! So you never know!

Anyone had similar letters?

Re: CPP

Yea this is national news - no scam

--> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23792582
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Let us know when you receive the next letter, im still waiting for mine, sure its been nearly 12 weeks now.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

It mentions Jan 2005, I think the first CPP policy (not the ID theft one) was from 2001 or thereabouts, I certainly had it long before 2005. Does that mean I'll get nothing for that one?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Let us know when you receive the next letter, im still waiting for mine, sure its been nearly 12 weeks now.
          Dated Sept 6th so it'll be nearly Christmas before mine are due.

Comment

The whole process is rather drawn out.

http://paullewismoney.blogspot.co.uk...-to-claim.html
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no, they wont pay out anything before 2005, because they wasnt regulated by the FSA before then. Still unclear about claiming pre 2005 at the moment, but if you have a copy of the agreement, its likely they were underwritten by someone, so you would have to make a seperate claim to the underwriters.

Comment

They seem to be a bit scattergun with the letters at this stage. Quite a few people seem to have got one where there was no possible qualifying policy.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  no, they wont pay out anything before 2005, because they wasnt regulated by the FSA before then. Still unclear about claiming pre 2005 at the moment, but if you have a copy of the agreement, its likely they were underwritten by someone, so you would have to make a seperate claim to the underwriters.
                  I may do, if I dig deep enough into my old files, can't remember how much I paid every year, whether it's worth the hassle or not, I think it could go back to 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                    They seem to be a bit scattergun with the letters at this stage. Quite a few people seem to have got one where there was no possible qualifying policy.
                    My two letters do quote a policy number and one has the letters ID attached to it so they even know which was which. The ID theft one was definitely from late 2005.

Comment

amount you would have paid would be around £30 per year so no great shakes. But if they have ruled that it was miss selling, 1 letter off to the underwriters will cost the price of a stamp, may get a couple hundred for the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                      X