GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Co-operative bank for sale - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-operative bank for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-operative bank for sale

Iv'e been with this bank for 10 years - just read that the TSB might be taking over . This is bad for us as we have debts with the TSB .
    How will this affect our account if they do take it over - will they take our money from our account to pay the debts we owe to them ?

thanks

Re: Co-operative bank for sale

Are the debts with the old TSB, the LloydsTSb or with the current TSB owned by the Spanish (they would say Catalan) Banco de Sabadell? Lloyds sold off TSB branches without debts I believe, chasing them up themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
      Are the debts with the old TSB, the LloydsTSb or with the current TSB owned by the Spanish (they would say Catalan) Banco de Sabadell? Lloyds sold off TSB branches without debts I believe, chasing them up themselves.
      They are with the old TSB which then joined with LLoyds/TSB .

Comment

I have also got an account with them (no related debts with TSB though), and am waiting to see what happens as I need a bank that will have a branch in a certain place, so if and when someone buys them I will look at where the branches are and make a decision then, but I really do not want to be opening a new bank account until the end of next year if thats possible. Lets hope that you are ok and that your related debt gets sold on well before the purchase if it is TSB
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

if your TSB debt has already been sold to a DCA you should be fine .
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X