GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. best / cheapest way? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. best / cheapest way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. best / cheapest way?

I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. I have a basic account with Santander... can I do a direct bank transfer at all?

Re: I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. best / cheapest way?

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
    I need to send money to Mother in Law in America.. I have a basic account with Santander... can I do a direct bank transfer at all?
    I've used these in the past-----> http://www.fcexchange.co.uk/personal...FQgOwwodXgwARg
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes Santander allow this. Just use the IBAN details

You can ring or do it online. However I've got the 123 account so it might be slightly different but the fact it's basic doesn't restrict international payments as that's IBAN - top of statement
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do I need her IBAN whatsit and is there a top limit.. we owe her £1k you see (emergency airline ticket needed once for hubby) and have been saving up to give it to her in one go.

Comment

Do I need her IBAN whatsit and is there a top limit.. we owe her £1k you see (emergency airline ticket needed once for hubby) and have been saving up to give it to her in one go.
          I'd get a few quotes before doing anything
          no limit to how much you can send...
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            I'd get a few quotes before doing anything
            no limit to how much you can send...
            Quote for what? DO Santander charge then?

Comment

Quote for what? DO Santander charge then?
              costs fall into two simple categories: fees and the exchange rate.

Comment

Send it to me and I promise to pass it on ... ask anyone!

Comment

It's explained page 8/9 - international payments

--> http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Stat...nt&maxage=3600
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                    Send it to me and I promise to pass it on ... ask anyone!
                    Hmm.. my spider senses tell me no... lmao

nice try though!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      It's explained page 8/9 - international payments

--> http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Stat...nt&maxage=3600
                      You so rock... !!! Thank you!!

Send a small, non-urgent payment to
                      someone abroad

We suggest you use a currency draft. This
                      works just like a cheque, except it’s drawn
                      in local currency on a foreign bank.
                      ask for a currency draft at your branch. Two
                      days after the money is taken from your
                      account, we can send the draft to you, or
                      you can collect it from the Santander branch
                      where you ordered it.
                      Then, simply send it to the person you want
                      to pay.
                      The exchange rate we use will be the rate
                      on the day that we take the money from
                      your account.
                      Send money quickly to a non-UK
                      current account

If you need to get money to someone
                      quickly, use a telegraphic transfer. This
                      allows you to send money direct to
                      someone’s current account as long as you
                      have the correct account information for the
                      person you want to pay and the details of
                      their bank.
                      We can send telegraphic transfers in most
                      currencies. There may be a charge for this
                      service. Please visit our website
                      www.santander.co.uk
                      for more details

Comment

I'd still get a quote from these before doing anything...........

At FC Exchange we have a global portfolio of clients and trade large volumes of currency which puts us in a position to offer you excellent exchange rates. We buy and sell currencies close to interbank exchange rates – these are the headline rates which are widely publicised and often featured on currency converters.
                        Because of the total volume we trade, our buying power means that we can take a small margin from where we buy or sell (this is our profit) and still pass on great exchange rates to our clients. In short, we make small margins on lots of trades which allows us to offer you great exchange rates and save money.
                        Get a live currency exchange rate quote with us for free with no obligation. We can save you money with our Best Rate Guarantee.
                        If another foreign exchange provider is quoting you a rate call us or ask us to call you back using the form on the left and we guarantee to beat the quote and offer you the best exchange rate using our Best Rate Guarantee.
                        You have got nothing to lose; even the call is free to test our rates and there is no obligation to trade with us.
                        Test our rates now on: +44 (0)20 7989 0000 or 0800 783 4313

Comment

Working...
                        X