GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script natwest and text alert - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

natwest and text alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natwest and text alert

I've had a very annoying run in with Natwest.

I currently have text alerts set up on my account it tell me if I go over my O/d or a certain amount on my accounts. I've done this to make sure bills are paid and I wont get any charges.

In the past it worked well, but yesterday an alert came though at 4 PM which is no good to man or beast!!!

So I rang up to complain and was told that I shouldn't rely on this service ( it appears this is in the t&C), I told them I wasn't happy and lodged a formal complaint , only to be told straight away that the compliant was rejected!!! I told her to escalate it, it should be interesting to find out what they say.

So the moral of the story is never trust a bank

Re: natwest and text alert

they must be wanting too not do any work over the festival period then - Keep informed of complaint in what they say
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      I've had a very annoying run in with Natwest.

I currently have text alerts set up on my account it tell me if I go over my O/d or a certain amount on my accounts. I've done this to make sure bills are paid and I wont get any charges.

In the past it worked well, but yesterday an alert came though at 4 PM which is no good to man or beast!!!

So I rang up to complain and was told that I shouldn't rely on this service ( it appears this is in the t&C), I told them I wasn't happy and lodged a formal complaint , only to be told straight away that the compliant was rejected!!! I told her to escalate it, it should be interesting to find out what they say.

So the moral of the story is never trust a bank
      no shit Sherlock!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        no shit Sherlock!!!!!
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Same with barclays, i get text alerts, can never rely on them, half the time the details are about 4 days old anyway.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            Same with barclays, i get text alerts, can never rely on them, half the time the details are about 4 days old anyway.
            So my point as I said to Natwest is what use are they!!!!

Comment

i would consider checking to see if you get charged for receiving text messages or at least check to see if they come off your mobile allowance. As you say that the communications alerts are rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                i would consider checking to see if you get charged for receiving text messages or at least check to see if they come off your mobile allowance. As you say that the communications alerts are rubbish.
                fair point but I'm pretty certain that in the UK your not charged for receiving txt, it's only when your abroad.

the thing that does annoys me is the fact that they used to work fine and I came to rely on them, it's probably something to do with the big IT cock up they had earlier this year,

Comment

Working...
                X