GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trapped Miners - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapped Miners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapped Miners

Just want to say my thoughts go out to the 4 miners trapped under ground in South Wales.

Regards

Re: Trapped Miners

I never heard about this - I hope they get out safely.
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Well they have the best rescue teams available so god willing with the latest technology they will get out safe.

Comment

Oh dear I havent seen the news today, i didn't realise
        I hope they get out asap! Xx

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Well they have the best rescue teams available so god willing with the latest technology they will get out safe.
          I didn't think there was much of the old Mines Rescue teams left, after the death of the old NCB.

I can think of some dammed good Cave Rescue Teams who could do the job just as well. As a Retired Caver I can say that the DCRO (Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation) are without equal in getting folks out in one piece.

In my day I required them once and assisted them once.
          All volunteers, dedicated to their hobby and the saving of lives.

Fingers Crossed for the Welsh Lads.

Miners were and still are amongst the finest bunch of individuals to graft for a living in this country.

Regards all, Handy.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

1 Miner found dead let us hope they find the other 3 alive very soon
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with them...

Comment

Absolutely phil, I have just heard the news that one of them had been found dead.

I was most annoyed with that ignorant TV reporter last night when he tried to pursue that young chap and his father was one of the four that was trapped. Have the media been infected with the same virus as bankers (or genetic defaults) meaning they have no morals or principles whatsoever.

I bet they would not have televised the attempted interview if that lad had justifiably punched him on the nose!!

Lets hope the remaining three!

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post

I was most annoyed with that ignorant TV reporter last night when he tried to pursue that young chap and his father was one of the four that was trapped.
                  I missed that on the news Garlok but the bbc website this morning says that the dead miner is the father of one of those who got out.

I know that miners know the risks of the job but it's awful when something like this happens. I wouldn't do their job for a million pounds.

I hope that the others get out safely and my thoughts are with them and the families.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The owner of the mine is down there too!

Comment

Oh NO second miner found dead... its not looking good.

Comment

Now a third one.

RIP
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

A sad day for wales....

I cant imagine what the familys are going through now, I have an old friend who's based with USAR (one of the teams onsite) he's rang to speak to family back home exhausted but they'll NEVER give up
                          Last edited by philnicandamy; 16 September 2011, 17:43.

Comment

Sadly its not looking good for number 4 hypothermia would be setting in IF he even had Oxygen to begn with.

Comment

Fourth Miner found dead....

Comment

Working...
                              X