GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RIP PC Dave Rathband! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP PC Dave Rathband!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP PC Dave Rathband!

Looks like it got too much for the poor chap!

I don't really blame him though. His life effectively ended when Raoul Moat shot him in the face.

Rest In Peace.

Re: RIP PC Dave Rathband!

The poor guy. Such a shame.

RIP
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I woke to here this and it really pissed me off, why? because here we have a man a decent and honourable man compared to the corrupt Policemen involved with the Leveson enquiry and he did not get the help and support he needed.

OK he cannot be watched 24/7 but come on he needed counselling he did not receive enough by a long way Ironic that he protected us yet we failed to protect him a real hero.

What the hell was Northumbria Adult Services doing in all this they must of known he was deeply depressed.

So tragic and really with the right support would not have happened I hope Cameron holds his word and finds out what happened.

PC Rathband so sorry rest in peace.

Comment

Ermm, what proof suggests he's decent and honest?

There was loads of deaths in the uk in february and I never knew any of them, thus sorry to say I feel no different for this guy.

He was just a normal bloke who had a rough time of it all. Happens daily, I really don't see what the fuss is over. Lots more influential people dying around us that do deserve our empathy. This guy was not in the line of duty like a squaddy but has more coverage - sickens me.

* yea I am pro squaddy as they keep me safe when I sleep. Bacon is likely to rob n rape me while I sleep.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The poor guy was dumped by his wife of 20 years after he went blind from the shooting. Maybe that was the final straw not anything else. Alas depression in males has not yet been recognised

Comment

i'd have to agree with niddy...dont believe all you read in the paper though

sure he was dumped by his wife of 20yrs...BUT thats after numerous calls from her to a domestic violence charity as well as numerous police visits to "calm" the situation and this was both before and after his attack..sure he didnt ask for what happened and the guy who was to blame was a nutter and I wouldnt wish it to happpen to anyone.
            Last edited by philnicandamy; 1 March 2012, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              The poor guy was dumped by his wife of 20 years after he went blind from the shooting. Maybe that was the final straw not anything else. Alas depression in males has not yet been recognised
              Have to agree this kinda angered me on FB sure someone shot him I get it hes blind does it give him the right to get agro with his missus? No. A lot of people are born blind and go blind for various reasons and don't react the way this guy did.

I have compassion for his family but have a hard time making him to be a hero.

Maybe his death was his conscience for the way he treated others. Maybe it was from the shooting who knows.

Comment

I too am sorry for the guy, as has been said he was injured in the line of duty. I was in the Armed Forces Reserves for over 18 years. I was never called on to serve, never heard a shot fired in anger (apart from a negligent discharge in the direction of an unpopular Corporal ) But I met a fair few people who were happy to take the pay but never expected or wanted to be called on to serve.

It's no good being in the uniformed services and crying about it if you get injured in the line of duty, Armed Forces and Emergency Services alike.

When someone is injured we the public should ensure that the Government does it's level best to provide the care and support that they deserve from a grateful nation.

I did hear recently that if a soldier in Afghan steps on a mine left by the Russians his level of compo is less than if his injuries were from a Taliban IED. The reason that the Russian mine is nothing to do with the current conflict.

If this is indeed the case then my response is as follows. The Squaddy has no choice in where he is sent, mines are inanimate objects that don't differentiate from one conflict to another. The treatment of the injured should therefore not differentiate.

Anyway back to the subject in hand, I am sorry for PC Rathband and his Family. What will Pish me off however is if the supporters of Moat start running him and his memory down in the same way that they glorified a Phsyco Killer.

Regards, Handy.
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                X