GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman pt2

Yes, when DS2 was having problems I kept an eye on his account and every time that he closed it I rang as knew it meant more grief and usually a break up with his ex gf!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

FB is the only way we ever hear from our lot or find out what there up too. Eldest Stepson is working in France a lot of the time so that's OK. The other 3 Lads only ever complain about how bad life is for them, and DD well she never phones then we see that one of the wee ones are poorly. She never says what's up with them so that means we have to ring to find out. She's one of the sorts that will post there's nothing in the house to eat, then she will start planning a Girly Night out with her friends. OOOOO it make me so mad.

I sometimes wonder if all this technology make it a better world.

regards all, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I refuse to use FB or similar sites.

I know what you mean about children. I only have one daughter, now 28. She lived with us until she was married 4 years ago. We were genuinely best of friends. Spent lots of time together listning to music, chatting and the like.

Within months it was Who? Dad!

When they fly they fly these days. We see them every 2 weeks. It's the only time we get to see our 18 month old grandaughter. If it wasn't for her I would say my piece and blow my top.

They seem so detached from family life these days. Speak to thier friends on FB more.

Comment

So far I have been lucky; 25 year old had graduated, returned home and talks (I find a good dog walk nornally wears him down); 22 year old spent a year way and now appears to be back, complaining bitterly about boredom, but no matter where he is is texting/ringing; 19 year old......he answers phone when I ring and always contacts us when he wants something; finally 17 yer od is still at home and loves having political and philosophical discussions at midnight - unfortunately I'm the only sucker that answers him!
          Last edited by cymruambyth; 22 August 2012, 21:06.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, Vint I would not have started FB if it were not for No3 sons ex. She is not a nice person and that's putting it mildly. They have been separated now for 15 years. Bunny Boiler is the term that springs to mind. On several occasions we have had to take out injunctions.

2 years ago when MIL passed away, she hacked son no2's FB. Other friends told how she had posted on her page that we had neglected the old girl and the home in which she had gone for end of life care was dirty and uncaring (that's the edited version). Mrs Handy had been up North for 3 months looking after her. When she went into the home Mrs H visited twice a day and when the end was near the entire family kept vigil by her side for a whole week.

I then went on FB under an alias to try and catch her, she would routinely send a friends request to anyone who knew the family.

I was only partially successful. We got the police involved when she got the Bosses Ex Directory phone number and nuisance called them over 40 times in one day.

We don't hear from them any more.

I do use FB to keep in touch with a few folk I know. It saves filling up the forum with unrelated stuff.

But like I said before without it I wouldn't have a clue what Mrs Handy's brood were up to. Sometimes it's best not to let her know .

Comes in useful when I see they are planning a night out, then comes the phone call asking for cash to pay a bill or buy shoes for the kids.

Forewarned is Forearmed

Last edited by Handyman; 22 August 2012, 21:23.
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              So far I have been lucky; 25 year old had graduated, returned home and talks (I find a good dog walk nornally wears him down); 22 year old spent a year way and now appears to be back, complaining bitterly about boredom, but no matter where he is is texting/ringing; 19 year old......he answers phone when I ring and always contacts us when he wants something; finally 17 yer od is still at home and loves having political and philosophical discussions at midnight - unfortunately I'm the only sucker that answers him!
              Lucky to still have such close contact.

My daughter and son in law both have iphones. Forever texting and doing goodness knows what on them. Son in law also goes nowhere without his Ipad. I dont understand what they can be doing with them.

My brother in laws son, texts his wife from the same room and she replies. How can you work that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Hi all, Vint I would not have started FB if it were not for No3 sons ex. She is not a nice person and that's putting it mildly. They have been separated now for 15 years. Bunny Boiler is the term that springs to mind. On several occasions we have had to take out injunctions.

2 years ago when MIL passed away, she hacked son no2's FB. Other friends told how she had posted on her page that we had neglected the old girl and the home in which she had gone for end of life care was dirty and uncaring (that's the edited version). Mrs Handy had been up North for 3 months looking after her. When she went into the home Mrs H visited twice a day and when the end was near the entire family kept vigil by her side for a whole week.

I then went on FB under an alias to try and catch her, she would routinely send a friends request to anyone who knew the family.

I was only partially successful. We got the police involved when she got the Bosses Ex Directory phone number and nuisance called them over 40 times in one day.

We don't hear from them any more.

I do use FB to keep in touch with a few folk I know. It saves filling up the forum with unrelated stuff.

But like I said before without it I wouldn't have a clue what Mrs Handy's brood were up to. Sometimes it's best not to let her know .

Comes in useful when I see they are planning a night out, then comes the phone call asking for cash to pay a bill or buy shoes for the kids.

Forewarned is Forearmed

Sounds awfull Handy.

Indeed, their sins do find them out.

Fortunately SIL is very well paid being a Pharmasist, so they don't ever ask for money.

He pays his CC bills in full each month.

Comment

[ATTACH]5726[/ATTACH]

Regards all, Handy
                  Not being rude Handy, but I would take that syrup back if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                    Not being rude Handy, but I would take that syrup back if I were you.

Comment

My brother in laws son, texts his wife from the same room and she replies. How can you work that out.
                      I know what you mean We had the same thing last week DD and SIL leaving comments on one another's posts from the same room.

As for the Syrup your right it has to go back until its been treated for fleas . She's done that ever since being a pup. Its great in winter, but a neck scarf that eats your crisps as you put them near your mouth isn't really on

Comment

I know what you mean We had the same thing last week DD and SIL leaving comments on one another's posts from the same room.

As for the Syrup your right it has to go back until its been treated for fleas . She's done that ever since being a pup. Its great in winter, but a neck scarf that eats your crisps as you put them near your mouth isn't really on

Don't be embarrased, try here: http://www.nu-stylehaircentre.co.uk/

Comment

Don't be embarrased, try here: http://www.nu-stylehaircentre.co.uk/
                          Hey I haven't done bad reaching middle age with a full head of hair, nearly all my teeth (some are missing due to collisions with peoples fists) and I have no replacement parts (Yet). It's just a shame everything else is Knockered

Mind you it's just a matter of time before things start to pack up. The Doc tells me it will be my liver and kidneys first. I tell him they will be the last to go because they are so well pickled in Alcohol.

The one thing I have learned from being over 50 is never trust a fart

Regards Handy

Comment

Hey I haven't done bad reaching middle age with a full head of hair, nearly all my teeth (some are missing due to collisions with peoples fists) and I have no replacement parts (Yet). It's just a shame everything else is Knockered

Mind you it's just a matter of time before things start to pack up. The Doc tells me it will be my liver and kidneys first. I tell him they will be the last to go because they are so well pickled in Alcohol.

The one thing I have learned from being over 50 is never trust a fart

Regards Handy
                            I know what you mean Handy, I stayed away from him for 30 years, only to find that they now have buy on get one free offers, or in my case buy one get 5 free

I stay away now util he writes to me every 6 months insisting that I attend

Comment

My Doctor told me that for a Man of my age I'm a wreck.

He asked me Do I drink? yes.

Do I smoke? yes.

How about Sex he asked?

I said infrequently. Cheeky Booger asked me if that was one word or two

Comment

Mine always says that drink in moderation is good for you, so I asked for a case of Chablis on prescription. They don't seem to have a sense of humour.

Mine nags about smoking, but never asked about sex life.

Comment

Working...
                                X