GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Welcome back Handy, hope you're feeling better now.
    I'm loving the fox pictures, fabulous creatures. You're right about the sounds they make, when they're calling it's probably the most eerie sound in UK nature - they sound like the lost souls of demon babies, LOL.

I'm very anti hunt, even though I've kept ducks, but never lost one to a fox as I think if you keep anything like that it's your own responsibility to keep it safe.
    The only thing that ever got through my barriers was a damn weasel or stoat, horrible things. They attacked two little call ducks and left them dying, with the tell tale bites right at the back of the neck. I was distraught. (They were pets, not for the table).

My next ducks were so big at least they had a fighting chance - even my German Shepherd was scared of them
    Don't need big ducks round here! Boris the Seagull and his marauding gang are enough to see most things off including Cammo the cat and his nine colleagues from a neighbour's.

We were disturbed late one evening recently with a terrible rumbling noise emanating from our loft (or so we thought), ruched around to our elderly neighbour thinking he had had a fall No he thought it was us!

On my return mrs G was out back pointing to the roof. Boris and mates were playing football, yes B*****Y football with a piece of brick about half the size of a fist and would not be frightened away until the game was over. They even took the damn brick with them!

regards
    G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      On my return mrs G was out back pointing to the roof. Boris [the Seagull] and mates were playing football, yes B*****Y football with a piece of brick about half the size of a fist and would not be frightened away until the game was over. They even took the damn brick with them!
      I really cannot believe that.

For one thing, they'd not be able to understand the Offside Rule.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        For one thing, they'd not be able to understand the Offside Rule.
        Neither do half of the twenty two men running around the pitch, apparently, but it doesn't stop them having a go!
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

You may not wish to believe it l

However, some hard working forwards were pushing the brick up hill on the roof, beaks and feet whilst a defensive line had formed near the ridge tiles, who promptly the ball (brick) had reached them pushed it back down with said forwards in flight to catch it. The same gang leader bends the radio aerial on my workshop at least a couple of times a week so that I get quivering reception.

regards
          G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            The same gang leader bends the radio aerial on my workshop
            How?

Why have you not electrocuted it yet?

Comment

Feed them a slice of bread, packed with baking soda then stand well back

Comment

Hi all thanks for all your good wishes and replies. I have just had a big smile reading the replies. Clogs, just the same as ever mate. Vint, I was told the one about seagulls and Alka-Seltzers years ago by an old Navy Mate, I never tried it but I understand the results are quite spectacular.
                Elsa, I know what you mean. Foxes get a bad press, I have only ever known them take one Chicken or a Duck at a time. But Weasels, Mink, or Pine marten will kill everything in the coop. I know cos they got my Ducks when I lived in the Highlands. I managed to save them, but they never laid another egg the shock was so great.

Well apart from a little heat exhaustion I'm not too bad. Lady H still insisted I swept the Courtyard and mowed the top lawn today even though we made 31 in the shade and 44 in direct sunlight.
                Hell that's nearly as hot as Death Valley.

I had one of the Foxes watching me from the woods all afternoon. It looks like He/she? has picked up some shotgun pellets. About 30 minutes ago I left some food and water in the woods, plus one of my camera's so I can see what's happening.
                The little bugger must have been waiting for me, for in the dark it let loose an alarm bark!
                So now if you will excuse me, I need a shower and change of underwear.

Regards to all, Handy
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

late as usual...good to see you back Handy!

Comment

Good to see you back Handy, look forward to reading you're observations on life at the Hall once again.

Comment

Glad you are back, Handy. Sorry that you have not been well. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
                      Love the foxy pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsinvisible View Post
                        Love the foxy pics.
                        As do I, but I'd rather see pictures of a foxy doxy!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          As do I, but I'd rather see pictures of a foxy doxy!
                          HaHa Clogs I bet you would. You should have been at this weeks Society Wedding I drove Lady Hooray to. Full of the made in Chelsea Crowd. OK So I know it was hot, But the Bride was one of the few women that was fully dressed.
                          I haven't loaded the pictures of the estate we went to onto the PC yet. Not a bad little country pile with it's own beach looking out towards the Isle of Wight.

It's a shame I had to stop with the car! I could have enjoyed chatting to the Hooray's City Bankers and MP's to the last

Regards to all, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                          X