GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman pt2

I want you to buy a lottery ticket this weekend Handy, then you, Mrs H and all your lovely animals can disappear and live happily ever after!!
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I buy a lottery ticket every week in the hope I will one day get lucky. Each week I look at the smaller Houses in country life and think that would do just right .

When the Lotto first started, I got all 6 numbers in one go

Sadly it was only worth £20 as there were 3 numbers on one line and 3 on the other

So not to worry, just plod on like usual, besides if everything went smoothly for me I would have nothing (interesting anyway?) to moan write about.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If you think that the bottoms dropping out of your world, drink a few pints of Scrump.

Then you will only feel that the Worlds dropping out of your Bottom.
        That's odd.

Malic acid (the principal flavour in apples) has the same effect on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          That's odd.

Malic acid (the principal flavour in apples) has the same effect on me.
          You could say I'm a REGULAR Cider Drinker
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

It would come as no surprise that she was asked to leave boarding School at 16 without even a CSE and then sent to Husband Hunting (Finishing) School, where she learned to boil an egg and make toast.
            IFYPFY.

Comment

No Clever, you got it right once before, She went to the School of Cordoned Off cookery

Last week I tried some Chocolate Gateaux she had made, only a small potion mind. It had 90% cocoa and 110% rum in it. It took me 2 day's to get over it.

I bought her a sign to Hand up in the kitchen, many have eaten here. but few have died.

Next week I am changing the wording

Regards, Handy

Comment

I fancy a visit to your cider shed Handy!! I could manage a night out if it only cost 50p

Sorry you're feeling down

If you hadn't mentioned it, we'd never be able to tell from your posts which I love reading.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Don't worry Pixie...sainsburys now do a huge bottle of pear cider for under £3 LOL...

Little better. Just fluid on knee now though still a little tender otherwise...am back doing gentle exercise....

(like 20 min or like 15 mins cycle)

SC

Comment

Thanks for that SC. Only one problem, there isn't a Sainsbury's near here

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Order online Pixie

Or try Tesco LOL

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
                        Order online Pixie

Or try Tesco LOL

SC
                        How much would they charge to deliver a bottle of £3 cider

I only like pear cider anyway.

Comment

Email the CEO

Or buy a cellar scrumpy

SC

Comment

Hi all, sorry for not posting for the last few days. My Black mood led to a force 9 on the Richter scale row between Mrs Handy and myself on Friday night.

The weekend was a total lazy one, I feel frustrated that I didn't get any work done but when I wasn't on here all I did was sleep.

The only thing that has kept the peace is the antics of the Cat.

She has been into everything, she now cry's the place down when I take the dogs for a walk and she isn't invited along.

At the moment she's fast asleep between two Labs and a terrier and couldn't care less.

Two things to sort out today, a £92.00 penalty charge from Squawk Squawk for early termination of my contract

And a notice from Post Office insurance for my Car renewal saying that they will renew automatically at the end of the month unless I contact them. I certainly did, telling them I had the same provider for £100.00 less. Nice Bloke but he tried to say that next year (the New Provider - Same company would not allow me the same no Claims).

The conversation with the Squawk Numpty didn't get me very far.
                            So now It's a formal letter of complaint to the Head Office.
                            I thought my contract had ended but apparently I was on a 24 month one. When I said I wanted compensation for the loss of my broadband service I was told as it was included FOC they could not compensate for something they didn't charge for.

As I have only had free broad band for less than 2 years and I opened the account 2 1/2 years ago I think I have a case, besides If you offer something free as part of a package then don't deliver on the free part, in my book that is a breach of contract.

I will keep you posted, but I won't hold my breath s the CEO went to Oxford with Cameron

So It looks like I'm up against another branch of the Hooray's.

As to HL she's on form again. She had me dig up a 15 foot tall tree and move it today, then asked why it had taken me so long?
                            Over an hour with a pick to remove 1 cubic meter of soil and then stake it into the ground. That's not even thinking about how long to dig it out without wrecking the roots.

I am afraid my reply wasn't too polite.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

Two things to sort out today, a £92.00 penalty charge from Squawk Squawk for early termination of my contract
                              Cheeky buggers!

Have you told their Chief Numpty about his company's repeated failure to provide an adequate broadband service?

Comment

I have a stick...I could get an NHS crutch if you require it Handy? What about manure o/s the head office? Might well be worth the petrol

See me...I've slept ...so am full of bright ideas ;D

SC

Comment

Working...
                                X