GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman pt2

Good to see you've gone through the change Handy - did you get any hot flushes?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Good to see you've gone through the change Handy - did you get any hot flushes?
      Only Friction burns, the interwobble is moving so fast now.
      I feels like I am on fire

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Ya bum's on fire...

You getting my emails now Handy?

I have a tv :

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Only Friction burns, the interwobble is moving so fast now.
          I feels like I am on fire

Friction burns?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Friction burns?
            HaHa, I could have put that a little better methinks.
            But the lappy is now going like a racing car.

Just come in for my lunch and a wee rest. I have sprayed on half of the Drawing Room Rugs and moved a Ton of wet topsoil (MUD ) up the garden.

This afternoon if it stays dry its an hour with the old Victorian Cast Iron Garden Roller to level the new piece of lawn then back to the other half of the Rugs.

All this in one day and Lady Hooray still doesn't think she gets a good days work out of me.

Back in a while.
            Handy
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Knee hurts

Why are tv's so hard to rig up these days and why does EVERY dvd player need a scart socket yet like there is one o one other holes for who knows what in the back on that tv...and they are oh so tiny holes LOL

SC

Comment

Well it's been a busy old day. I managed to get all my jobs done.
                I don't know what's up with me at the moment. I could blame it on the weather, but normally at this time of year I'm working dawn till dusk. In the light evenings I'm usually found in the shed working on some project or trying to make my own bit of garden fit for our own use.

At the moment come 5.30 I'm totally knockered. I can't even get up the enthusiasm to do some decent writing.

I seem to be hanging on the edge of depression most of the time. Even my adrenal gland seems to be getting old

Maybe this year I will get a bit of a holiday that doesn't include working for some family member, or paying for someone else's entertainment.

It could just be that finances are a bit poor at the moment, I guess I'm not the only one struggling to make ends meet.
                Mrs Handy is as bad as the boss when it comes to prioritising what is important and what isn't.

It's only a couple of weeks ago we had to do an Asda shop on line for DD as she had nothing in the house to feed the kids. That weekend SIL went on a Stag Do, Driving Racing Cars at Donnington Park, which included 2 nights in a hotel.

DD had to have a spray tan and nail job for her night out.
                The following Monday they had a new kitchen delivered.
                BUT they couldn't put food on the table, Shame on them!

Then Muggins me opens his mouth and say's it's a shame they never got a new cooker for the kitchen as the old one is dangerous.
                I collect one on Saturday which I then have to deliver to Yorkshire.

I wonder if any of them will help me at the end of the month when the car comes off the road as it needs Tax and Insurance.

Come to think about it I should be a lot more depressed than I am.

Hey Ho every cloud and so on

Regards all, Handy

Comment

On a lighter note Millie the moggy has proved that she's a delinquent. She is only tiny but barges the dogs out of their bowls at feeding time.

Today she evicted Cassie the border from her bed in front of the French windows as it was the sunniest spot in the house.

And then this evening jumped on the table and swiped a slice of Chicken from Mrs Handy's plate.

I now wonder if she did stray or a previous owner dropped her off in a lay by.

Early day's yet, at least she ensures that the dogs eat all their food, well they have to or she will clean the bowls for them.

Did you ever know a Cat that likes apples?

Well you didn't expect me to have a Cat that was Normal

Comment

Handy sending big hugs and if you can a holiday would be such a good idea, you do need a break sweetheart
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Not much chance of a break until the autumn. A day down the Cider sheds would do me for now, well 2 day's I needed a day to get over my last visit.

Did I ever tell you because of excise duty they give the cider away, the society rents you the jam jar to drink it from for 50p a go

Comment

Not much chance of a break until the autumn. A day down the Cider sheds would do me for now, well 2 day's I needed a day to get over my last visit.

Did I ever tell you because of excise duty they give the cider away, the society rents you the jam jar to drink it from for 50p a go

Awww I am sorry xxx

You and your Cider sheds!!

No I didn't know that!! 50p a bargain eh!!

Comment

The local Cider Society shed is tucked away at the back of the village Church. The last time any improvements were made of cleaning up done Queen Victoria was on the thrown.

Which reminds me one old chap, he had what you would call a cider drinkers face. Big red nose, face bright red and full of broken veins, black teeth. Sounds like a good advert for Strongbow :wft

He said to me Son (the scrumpy must have got his eyesight as well ) If you think that the bottoms dropping out of your world, drink a few pints of Scrump.

Then you will only feel that the Worlds dropping out of your Bottom.

Self pity time over.
                          More adventures to look forward to in the morning.

Regards and Thanks, Handy

Comment

Well we have had 2 1/2 dry days at the Hall and Spring is bursting out all over. Some of the early plant's seem to be hanging on a little longer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Primrose 1 upload.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1386686

Best display of primrose we have had for a couple of years, the wild ones in the woods are particularly good.

The Clematis along the Hall steps is also looking good after a hard Autumn prune.

Name:	clematis 1 upload.jpg
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	1386688

And the Wisteria I have been training up the Old Pig Sty Wall
                            (Handy's Cottage) for the last 4 years, has really got going.
                            It's a shame the flowers are only short lived.

Name:	Wisteria 1 upload.jpg
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	1386690

Name:	Wisteria 2 upload.jpg
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	1386692

Now if only the weather dries up a little before all of my work over the winter vanishes in a sea of long grass and nettles.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Love the pictures and hope the weather forecast is so wrong and May is lovely, well.........I've got fingers crossed!!

Self pity time over.
                              More adventures to look forward to in the morning.

Regards and Thanks, Handy
                              I thought it would and you always make me giggle, even when your down thanks Handy

Comment

Oh still a little down I'm afraid If.
                                Blinking Lady Hooray. She always needs to know the inns and outs of every job so she can add her two pennerth worth. Even after you have patiently explained it still doesn't sink in.

Take the fumigation of the Indian Rugs. I explained it would have to be done twice, and that you spray the underside of the rugs with a water based insecticide.

Next thing your not going to wet the rugs are you? then it was the special aerosol that you release and run from. It won't mark my antique mahogany furniture.

Does she think people are so stupid as not to read the instructions. Well OK she never does.

Her Diesel Car she has had 2 years now and she still forgets to let the glow plugs warm up before trying to start the engine.

I had to run up to the Hall at 8.30 the other evening to change channels on the TV as she had made a balls of it and couldn't get it back onto the Sky Channel.

She had the idea of super glueing all the thousands of little bits of wool back into the holes in the rug.

I got a chap out to have a look at the damage, for a couple of hundred he will re-tuft the patches so the repair is invisible.

He told me I had done everything right in treating the moth, but that his firm would have added a chemical to stop further eggs hatching.

It took me 10 minutes to explain to her that his firm wouldn't treat the rug again in with the price of repair as I had already done it and to be certain I would need to treat it again after the repair.

Sometimes I feel like giving her the tools and saying if you know so much do the bloody job yourself.

It would come as no surprise that she was asked to leave boarding School at 16 without even a CSE and then sent to Husband Hunting (Finishing) School, where she learned to cook.

Rant over. Next week she will be as different again. At the moment Son Cromwell is visiting and she does love an audience, even if it makes her look more thick than usual.

Cromwells OK, he once described her as a snob, who is only interested in how much a thing costs not in how cheaply you could buy it.

Rant Over, good to get it off my chest.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Working...
                                X