GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Angry man pays £1,852 council tax bill in pennies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry man pays £1,852 council tax bill in pennies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry man pays £1,852 council tax bill in pennies

Angry man pays £1,852 council tax bill in pennies

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 1st March 2016 14:05
    A disgruntled man ordered to cough up £1,851.94 in council tax footed the bill in the most inconvenient way he could imagine: by paying it all in one-pence coins. The bronze booty, which almost weighed a ton, apparently had to be delivered in a lorry because it was too heavy to put in a a car. Trouble started brewing in March last year when Russell Skellett bought two crumbling homes in Eastwood. He thought he wouldn't incur council tax because the buildings were derlict. But Broxtowe Council had other ideas, claiming they were habitable and therefore subject to the levy. After losing a subsequent court hearing, Mr. Skellet, 40, reluctantly agreed to pay, only via the gigantic coin dump. “I went to my bank manager and he asked me if I was joking," he told the Eastwood & Kimberly Advertiser. “It was in two shopping trollies and it took them two hours for the council to weight it all. It even bent the trollies it weighed that much.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X