GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council Forced To Pay Driver £41 Compensation - From Parking Ticket Residue On Windshield - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council Forced To Pay Driver £41 Compensation - From Parking Ticket Residue On Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Forced To Pay Driver £41 Compensation - From Parking Ticket Residue On Windshield

Council Forced To Pay Driver £41 Compensation - From Parking Ticket Residue On Windshield

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 31st January 2016 08:48
    A council was forced to pay compensation to a driver – after a parking ticket left a sticky residue on a car windscreen. The guilty motorist was actually left in profit, winning £41 from his local authority after the penalty notice did not peel cleanly off his car. The fine itself was only £25. The man demanded compensation from Canterbury City Council, claiming the adhesive had caused damage. Remarkably, council chiefs agreed to pay him £41 despite saying there was no problem with the adhesive, Mail Online reports. The ticket, issued last year, was for £50, but the man paid within two weeks so it was reduced to £25 – giving him an overall profit. 'This guy has walked off £16 better off than he was before he got the parking ticket – and it’s being paid for with our council taxes.’ A council spokesman said: 'The allegation of damage to a windscreen following the issuing of a penalty charge notice was looked into fully. The claim was settled and the complainant received the payment from our insurance company.’ Local Gareth Simpson, 41, said yesterday: ‘It’s ridiculous that the council paid out for someone having a sticky windscreen. If the guy was parked illegally he should just pay up, but it’s obvious the council didn’t want to get into a fight.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X