GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI firm that made 40 million nuisance calls is suspended - Falcon and Pointer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI firm that made 40 million nuisance calls is suspended - Falcon and Pointer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI firm that made 40 million nuisance calls is suspended - Falcon and Pointer

PPI firm that made 40 million nuisance calls is suspended - Falcon and Pointer

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 13th January 2016 15:52
    A company that made 40 million calls about PPI in just three months has had its licence suspended.

Falcon and Pointer, based in Swansea in South Wales, used automatic dialling technology to make the calls. An investigation by the Claims Management Regulator (CMR) found the firm had set out to "plague the public and rip off consumers". Meanwhile the government has confirmed that a promised crackdown on nuisance calls will be in place by the spring.

'Wilful ignorance'

The CMR said that Falcon and Pointer had coerced people into signing contracts without giving them enough time to understand the terms and conditions.It described it as a "serious breach" of the rules, and stripped the company of its operating licence. It had previously been warned about its practices by both the CMR and the Information Commissioner's Office. "Falcon and Pointer has demonstrated the worst excesses of the industry," said Kevin Rousell, head of the CMR. "This firm clearly set out to plague the public and rip off consumers.".....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X