GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ex-Anglo Irish Bank CEO fails in bankruptcy bid - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-Anglo Irish Bank CEO fails in bankruptcy bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Anglo Irish Bank CEO fails in bankruptcy bid

Ex-Anglo Irish Bank CEO fails in bankruptcy bid

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 11th October 2015 19:01
    Former Anglo Irish Bank chief executive David Drumm can be held liable for debts of 10.5m euros (£8.34m) after he failed in his bid to be declared bankrupt, a court in the US has ruled.

A judge found Mr Drumm was "not remotely credible" and his conduct "both knowing and fraudulent". The judge's comments were made in a 122-page judgment issued on Tuesday. Mr Drumm had sought the court's protection after he moved to the US following the bank's collapse. The judgment, which followed seven months of deliberations at a court in Boston, also accused the 48-year-old of telling "outright lies".

'Witch-hunt'

"Such conduct disqualifies a debtor from the privilege of a discharge in our system of bankruptcy," said the judge in the ruling. The court heard that both a court-appointed trustee and the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC) had established reason to deny Mr Drumm bankruptcy "many times over". The judge said there were 30 objections on which the bank and trustee had established cause to deny Mr Drumm a discharge from his debts.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X