GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal'

Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal'

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd November 2012 22:16.

*The elderly and vulnerable are being charged tens of millions of pounds each year to ring premium rate Government helplines, it can be disclosed....

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal'

I think it's disgraceful that government departments such as DWP and JC+ use premium rate phone lines.

Many people who are on benefits only have a mobile phone as a way of cutting living costs. I know I cancelled my land line because I couldn't afford it.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Elderly and vulnerable in Government phone rip-off 'scandal'

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I think it's disgraceful that government departments such as DWP and JC+ use premium rate phone lines.

Many people who are on benefits only have a mobile phone as a way of cutting living costs. I know I cancelled my land line because I couldn't afford it.
      They know this and that is why in my opinion, why not give free numbers to those on JSA and free numbers for DWP, disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
      X