GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Woman driver dying from a stroke was arrested by traffic police who thought she was drunk - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman driver dying from a stroke was arrested by traffic police who thought she was drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman driver dying from a stroke was arrested by traffic police who thought she was drunk

Traffic police arrested a woman for drink driving when she was actually dying from a stroke, an inquest heard today.
    Julie Hawkins, 55, crashed her car and was tended by another motorist who noticed the side of her face was drooping.
    But when police arrived on the scene they arrested her on suspicion of drink driving - even though another driver told them Mrs Hawkins was displaying the classic symptoms of a 'catastrophic' stroke.
    Me thinks the Police Force needs some common sense plus some training from the stroke association as the tell tell signs of a stroke are nothing like being drunk.

How long did it take them to call an ambulance I wonder.

Re: Woman driver dying from a stroke was arrested by traffic police who thought she was drunk

disgusting....

Comment

Re: Woman driver dying from a stroke was arrested by traffic police who thought she was drunk

Indeed phil another case of the police relying to heavily on police manuals

Comment

How naive and inappropriately trained is it possible for a police officer to be. Doing their best in difficult circumstances my arse! Spokesman trying to cover the police's backs, absolutely!

What an appalling memory this must leave for her family as well.

Comment

BBoo,

Spot on fella and as you probably know the Stroke Association recently ran a campaign to highlight awareness.

It was called FAST for FACE ARM SPEECH AND TIME, TIME TO BLODDY CALL 999

http://www.stroke.org.uk/information...oms/index.html

Comment

Indeed - I reposted your bit on Facebook about it on my wall!

Comment

OH where is your wall m8 ill befriend you, please pm me the link.

Comment

ditto!

Comment

Bloody vile.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Thank You m8, whilst the police force is not the ambulance service they do have a duty to uphold life and with the recent Stroke Awareness Campaign they really should have known and called an ambulance straight away it is imperative that a stroke patient gets an MRI scan at the very earliest opportunity they should not have argued the toss with the driver that went to help.

Tell me how many drunks lose muscle tone down one side of the face? why did they not get her to lift both arms?

They really should have known.
                    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14 January 2012, 22:44.

Comment

Mate I'm basic 1st aider and even I know I'd have rung a bloody ambulance first and dealt with the rest later.

Makes me mad. Poor family, one has to question how long after police arrival was it till the ambulance got there?
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

It was a first aider that saved my life m8 so I also know how important they can be in these situations I am very very lucky to be here now indeed and I am testament to the good life stroke patients can have post stroke.

I Thank you because that is a good certification to have

BTW had my aneurysm happened 5 mins earlier I would not be here now as I was driving down the M27 at 75 mph hmmm does not bear thinking about.
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14 January 2012, 22:53.

Comment

I've got my refresher 3 day course in 2 weeks funnily enough. It expired a month ago

Anyway, I'd still know what "not" to do and waste time is the main one!!!

3 minutes to a stroke victim is the difference between vegetative and normal in some cases!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I've got my refresher 3 day course in 2 weeks funnily enough. It expired a month ago

Anyway, I'd still know what "not" to do and waste time is the main one!!!

3 minutes to a stroke victim is the difference between vegetative and normal in some cases!!
                            SPOT ON because the brain cells are being staved of essential nutrients in the blood stream and thus die very quickly.

Comment

Working...
                            X