GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can technology bring lawyers into the 21st Century? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can technology bring lawyers into the 21st Century?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can technology bring lawyers into the 21st Century?

The legal profession is perhaps more associated with bulging files of papers, odd clothing and arcane procedures than with technological innovation.

Read More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35459433
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Can technology bring lawyers into the 21st Century?

It's pie in the sky to think that software can predict the outcome of a case based on statistics of past court results.

There's no knowing what a biased DJ may make of the same set of legal facts especially if he/she has shares in the bank which is the Claimant.

I find Mr Sander's attitude curious. He says his tool (pardon the expression ) can be used to build strategy for a case. But does his tool also take into account underperforming lawyers who lost these historical cases when they should have won them.

The better informed lawyers are, the more effective their decisions will be, Mr Sanders argues.

"Maybe I want to settle the case really quickly because I know I'm going to lose. Or if I think I'm going to win, I can request more money from the other side.

"You can use it as a tool to build a strategy for a case, rather than finding a specific case that matched up," he says.

There are too many variables for a computer to replace the human mind .

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
    X