GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TransAsia crash: Twelve dead as plane crashes into Taiwan river - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TransAsia crash: Twelve dead as plane crashes into Taiwan river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransAsia crash: Twelve dead as plane crashes into Taiwan river

At least 12 people have died after a TransAsia Airways plane clipped a bridge and crashed into a river near the Taiwanese capital, Taipei.

Fifty-eight people were onboard the domestic flight. The plane is now half-submerged in the Keelung River.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31125052
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: TransAsia crash: Twelve dead as plane crashes into Taiwan river

Here ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-31125735

Footage emerges of TransAsia Airway plane crash in Taipei

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is scary as hell.

Comment

thats awful.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Good grief, that's terrifying. Those poor people!

Comment

Scary stuff alright, flying the airlines in Asia is getting to be a bit of a gamble !

My own speculative opinion, but it looks like Left engine as failed and the thrust P factor from the good right wing engine as caused an aerodynamic stall and dropped the left wing as it would do in those circumstances which would need lightening reaction from the pilot to correct the stall and recover, but at such low altitude and low airspeed on climb out he had little to no chance of a recovery and a good outcome...

Very fortunate that some could be saved.

Comment

Saw that earier ...... its more like a scene you would expect to see in a movie than real life.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                Saw that earier ...... its more like a scene you would expect to see in a movie than real life.
                As are people being burned alive in cages.

Stuff has always happened, but now there is nearly always someone with a camera or other device to record it nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                  there is nearly always someone with a camera or other device to record it nearby.
                  Never thought of it like that - and "Dash Cams" seem to be coming the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    Never thought of it like that - and "Dash Cams" seem to be coming the norm.
                    They can be a good thing as an antidote to insurance fraud now we live in a society of ambulance chasers....... .

Comment

Well if this latest news is accurate it looks like some serious pilot re-training is needed by some airlines....

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=28769196

Comment

Working...
                      X