GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sanctuary Housing - Racist? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Housing - Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanctuary Housing - Racist?

Shame the idiots who wrote this and wasted paper can't even spell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1416378
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Sanctuary Housing - Racist?

Cant see a problem with raising British flags in Britain myself many nations do it especially the US nothing racist in that just someone showing a bit of respect and support for there nation and is the same if I was visiting another country it would not bother me in the slightest if they had there flag flying.

Comment

You missed my point. The housing firm are being racist.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Racist to us brits yes

Comment

There is a guy in the next road to me who flies the scull and crossbones!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Racist to us brits yes
            Exactly

Comment

I don't think they could be accused of racism - the term 'Resident' makes no reference to race, colour of skin, or ethicity, and they are unlikely to know that unless said resident has complied with the 'diveristy monitoring' which they no doubt have in place.

However, they could certainly be accused of anti-jingoism, or unpatriotic conduct, unless of course this was Sanctuary Housing Scotland (http://www.sanctuary-scotland.co.uk/) and they were still upset at the time about the result of the referendum
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Look at the name of the first caller - I would be a cynic and say he's not British by birth / ancestry and thus this appears racially motivated against a British family.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Shame the idiots who wrote this and wasted paper can't even spell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15526[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  There is a guy in the next road to me who flies the scull and crossbones!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To be fair, it says "Dear Resident" - Not Mr Smith, Mr Williams, Mr Davies.

For all we know, the resident could be Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.

It could well be the terms and conditions etc not to have things / items displayed at the front of their property - no matter what they are - That's certainly the case with many local authorities.

Comment

Just ignore the PC brigade. We're in Britain. The Union Jack should be raised wherever ANYONE pleases and our government should encourage it and protect us from such corporate bullies.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Just ignore the PC brigade. We're in Britain. The Union Jack should be raised wherever ANYONE pleases and our government should encourage it and protect us from such corporate bullies.
                        For once I find myself totally agreeing with you we have a rich history and should be proud of it.

Comment

This kind of thing immediately makes me churn , my neighbour has a flag pole with St George flag on perminatley no one minds ,we love it and why not . We here are English.I best stop or I'll get banned.
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Our neighbour flies the cross of St George too, if the council told them to take it down there would be riots round here. Anyway by the above posts can I take it that you will all be voting UKIP next May ?

Oh and don't forget to watch Question Time tonight, some idiot producer as decided to sit Nigel Farage next to Russell Brand, now there's a recipie for a good debate if ever I saw one.

Comment

If the flag is of a reasonable size and presentation, ie not a white sheet with a red cross painted on it, then there should be not issue on private property. Unfortunately the majority of estates have rules and regulations, some of which stop residents from hanging out washing on balconies and outside windows. Others both owners and renters are bound by conditions and restrictive covenants, e.g. no charnel houses, fairgrounds, burial grounds or bawdy houses; all paintwork to be black; no bushes above 3 feet in the front garden etc.

Racism seems to be representative of colour and not ethnicity (what is ethnicity anyway?). That is wrong: in the UK we were of a great ethnic mix prior to the influx from the colonies and elsewhere, combining Britons, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Celts, Norse, Irish, Picts etc. The Irish are now treated as a race apart on the Census and elsewhere, but the majority live in England and many people living in Ireland and claiming to be Irish were exported from Scotland over the centuries. The real Irish (tribe) settled in the Wirral hundreds of years ago when the Celts and other Norse invaded Hibernia, previously invaded by Romans.

I do not see why anti-racism laws can be used tools by newcomers to gain equality when they cannot be used to enable an Essex man and a Yorkshire woman to be treated the same. You cannot be accused of racism for not enabling a person with red hair/ pale skin/ short limbs but these are all ethnic traits indicative of previous UK tribes.

Comment

Working...
                              X