GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Glasgow ready for 2014 Games opening - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glasgow ready for 2014 Games opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow ready for 2014 Games opening

The Queen will formally open the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow later, in front of a 40,000 crowd at Celtic Park.

Organisers said a global TV audience of up to a billion people was expected to watch the event from 21:00 BST.

More than 4,500 athletes from 71 Commonwealth nations and territories will parade during the curtain-raiser.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28419129

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Glasgow ready for 2014 Games opening

I'm watching it, mind you I need a translator at times, can't understand the accent of the Scots guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
      I'm watching it, mind you I need a translator at times, can't understand the accent of the Scots guests.
      Be careful what you say...............
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pmsl its the truth, can't help it, between them and two hearing aids that I can't wear I am lost.

Comment

John Barrowman - yep

Amy Macdonald - yep

Billy Connelly - yep

Rod Stewart - sorry, much as I love him he was born in London, he's English ffs.
          Last edited by Sapphire; 23 July 2014, 20:28.

Comment

Ahhhh the pipes, thats brilliant, love the pipes.

Comment

think my city is doing a great job tonight

half the city is either there or involved

Comment

I love the red white and blue over pish park
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Rod Stewart - sorry, much as I love him he was born in London, he's English ffs.
                  He's a nob. He supported Rangers then started supporting septic. You just don't do that lol.

He's basically confused. Bless his cotton thongs
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

John Barrowman - yep

Amy Macdonald - yep

Billy Connelly - yep

John Barrowman had a vacation home next to me in Florida which he owned with his mother, I had numerous conversations with him and actually thought he was American, (it was never discussed and I didn't know he was some sort of TV celebrity) ...Anyway he had no hint of a Scottish accent, then I met him again at a motorsport dinner function up in Glasgow where he was the master of ceremonies a couple of years back and he had a full blown Scottish accent ...I commented on it and he said his accent depended on which side of the Atlantic he was on ....

Comment

Bit like Rod then lol. Blue / Green or Scottish / English

haha

Comment

Lovely colour kit for the Scots.

Comment

there was a bit of a gasp of horror when they revealed it, but it looks ok when they are all together. it's just a bit bright

Comment

I love that shade of blue.

Comment

I met John Barrowman when I was filming at QVC last year, nice guy,mad as a box of frogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X