GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wm Morrison supermarket suffers payroll data theft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wm Morrison supermarket suffers payroll data theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wm Morrison supermarket suffers payroll data theft

Wm Morrison supermarket suffers payroll data theft

Morrisons says the majority of its staff have been affected by the theft of payroll data.

BBC business correspondent Emma Simpson has been told that details of around 100,000 employees have been stolen.

The information, which includes bank account details, has been published online and sent on a disc to a newspaper, according to the firm.

More----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26574161
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Wm Morrison supermarket suffers payroll data theft

They are not having a good week....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
      They are not having a good week....
      Yep.....reported a £176m pound loss.....

Comment

Too many business networks are unsafe and wide open to attack due to not enough investment from there profit

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          Yep.....reported a £176m pound loss.....
          Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Too many business networks are unsafe and wide open to attack due to not enough investment from there profit
          What profit ?

Comment

Morrisons are doubly stuffed this year then.

They've got no profit to invest.

Comment

Agreed though my understanding in this case was that it was an inside job, so is more likely to be a disgruntled member of IT staff or someone who had access to the companies payroll system. The question here would be one of governance, so who they allowed access to this data (you'd be amazed the number of temporary employees who have access to confidential data), whether they have systems in place to log access to such sensitive information and how it was subsequently handled (i.e. downloaded, saved to disc etc).

I found a USB stick in the city a couple of years ago, and the data on it contained the salary and bonus details of the exec team of a very large jewelry firm. The USB key also had the personal information (and CV ) of the HR person who the USB stick obviously belonged to so I could very easily have caused mischief but instead I destroyed the USB stick but many would not have been so inclined I'm sure!
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Maybe the person that has the data also has the £176 million that they have lost and is planning on depositing it in peoples bank accounts.

Comment

Why I said businesses and not Morrison's as was referring to businesses and corporations in general

Comment

Morrisons to be sued by 2,000 staff

More than 2,000 staff at Morrisons are to sue the supermarket chain after some of their personal and financial details were posted online.

The leak happened when a company auditor uploaded details of almost 100,000 staff to various file-sharing websites in 2013.
                    The auditor, Andrew Skelton, was sentenced to eight years in jail for deliberately leaking the details.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34648404

Comment

Morrisons looks set to fall out of the FTSE 100

The supermarket chain Morrisons is set to fall out of the FTSE 100 following a sharp drop in its share price amid concerns about its recovery plans.

More ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34981645

Comment

Working...
                      X