GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Canada 'orders Briton to stop selling Marmite and Irn Bru' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada 'orders Briton to stop selling Marmite and Irn Bru'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada 'orders Briton to stop selling Marmite and Irn Bru'

The owner of a British food shop in Canada says he has been ordered to stop selling Marmite, Ovaltine and Irn Bru because they contain illegal additives.

Tony Badger, who owns Brit Foods in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, told local media that food safety officials had removed the foods from his shelves.

Other affected products include Lucozade, Penguin Bars and Bovril.

Mr Badger said he had been selling the items since 1997, and had never had problems in the past.

"We've been bringing Irn-Bru in since the very beginning," he told CKOM. The bright orange caffeinated drink is particularly popular in Scotland, but sold in countries around the world.

"My understanding was we were importing legally. We've been declaring it through a customs broker and we've never had an issue until now," said Mr Badger.

Read more here —> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25867613
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Canada 'orders Briton to stop selling Marmite and Irn Bru'

irn bru made with girders......(in my best Scottish accent)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Obviously too tough for those nancies in Canada, in reality they are probably trying to protect their own, I did read that they restrict lots of imported goods to protect home markets.

Comment

They could ban all 3 for me. Bleugh.
        ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
          They could ban all 3 for me. Bleugh.
          So you're not a Marmite baby then?
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            So you're not a Marmite baby then?
            Noooo, horrible stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
              Obviously too tough for those nancies in Canada, in reality they are probably trying to protect their own, I did read that they restrict lots of imported goods to protect home markets.
              actually im from canada and we do ban a lot of food colourings etc... Iron bru is one of them its really not good for you girders or not. Nothing to do with "protecting home products" lol canada is doing very well financially we just have VERY strict FDA

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                actually im from canada and we do ban a lot of food colourings etc... Iron bru is one of them its really not good for you girders or not. Nothing to do with "protecting home products" lol canada is doing very well financially we just have VERY strict FDA
                I understand that but it did concern me a little when I read that the DFC control the full dairy industry in order to keep prices high, farmers controlling the cost and supply of dairy products - that is protecting home products using Supply Management. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_...t_%28Canada%29

Irn Bru is still better for you than the business end of a gun, legally available in Canada, not a bad thing in my opinion but come on - this is a soft drink, if it was bad for you then the idiots in this country would have banned it years ago - look at the Scots .... there okay - aren't they?

And .... you can't beat a bit of Marmite on toast.

Comment

I understand that but it did concern me a little when I read that the DFC control the full dairy industry in order to keep prices high, farmers controlling the cost and supply of dairy products - that is protecting home products using Supply Management. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_...t_%28Canada%29

Irn Bru is still better for you than the business end of a gun, legally available in Canada, not a bad thing in my opinion but come on - this is a soft drink, if it was bad for you then the idiots in this country would have banned it years ago - look at the Scots .... there okay - aren't they?

You can't just get a gun in canada thats america we don't don't have the right to bare arms.

Comment

Oh my Lordy lord - what next!! FFS Canada, stop whining and let the people buy what they want. If they wanna eat yeast extract and/or preservatives then so be it. Jeysurs its a joke!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                      You can't just get a gun in canada thats america we don't don't have the right to bare arms.

Legally buying firearms in Canada isn't complicated, or expensive.
                      Almost 2 Million people have done this before you. Roughly 1 in 15 of the Canadians old enough to qualify for a firearms license have already gotten one.
                      Basically you just need to pass a short and easy (though very important) safety course, and then mail away for a licence. When you're approved you'll get it in the mail and you can go shopping.
                      The course you will take (or at least pass the test for) is called the Canadian Firearms Safety Course, (CFSC for short) and the license you'll get is called a Possession and Acquisition Licence, but everyone just calls it a PAL. It's generally pronounced "pal", like the word for a friend, not "Pee Eh Ell".

I wouldn't bare arms in Canada - too cold .... lol

Comment

The Devils poo!

Comment

Working...
                        X