GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wind and rain disrupting Christmas travel in the UK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind and rain disrupting Christmas travel in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind and rain disrupting Christmas travel in the UK

Heavy rain and strong winds have hit western parts of the UK, while travellers are warned of disruption elsewhere throughout the day.
    The Met Office has issued amber warnings for rain for Wales, the east of England, south-west England and London and the South East on Monday.

A number of train companies have reduced or cancelled services and the AA warned road disruption was likely.
    People have been advised to avoid travelling unless it is "essential".
    Some of the worst affected areas include:

The Met Office amber warnings run from 07:00 GMT on Monday to 09:00 on Tuesday.

BBC weather forecaster Nick Miller said that a rapidly deepening area of low pressure was pushing more stormy weather across the UK, including a heightened risk of flooding.

Read more here -- > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25484998
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Wind and rain disrupting Christmas travel in the UK

Yes!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

There's definitely heavy rain and strong winds here...
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Driving on the motorway earlier it was so windy it was difficult to stay in one lane..... Wouldn't have been happy driving an high sider today.

Comment

Working...
        X