GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW - you are a devil looking at their Bank account minus postage etc everytime.​​​​​​​
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• the old "Snotcall" oopppssss Scotcall now Resolve call, commission seekers. always tell them to leave
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Quote "i'm just wanting to check if any unknown defaults have popped up and/or encourage those that hadnt defaulted me 6 years ago when i started the journey to do so now and backdate.2

if they were marked as Arrangement to pay and you didn't they should of been defaulted once payments stopped and, before being sold on,
        you may find that if they sold them on they MAY have now fallen off your file, good luck with the fact finding, please let us know what you find BEFORE fireing off any letters to anyone xxx
        Last edited by nightwatch; 24 November 2018, 17:41.

Comment

• Hi NW

Had a look a credit rating. Question. Does the £2 paper report provide any different/additional information to the online stuff?
          No sign of Barclaycard debt, but i guess that wont stop Robbers Ways twitching with glee and chasing me with more vigor now that I've signed up to Noddle and the rest:-)

Arh well.

Yes. i am mindful of your guidance and will update as the need arises prior to taking any action.

Comment

• The problem with the free Noddle and clearscore reports is they are always out of date by about a month. They are not entirely representative of what a company would see.

Comment

• soft searches lenders cannot see on credit files

Comment

• Hi Tech Clerk

I have no idea what is going on, but having signed up at the weekend for my credit reports i -this morning received a letter from Robbers way offering a massive discount if i 'paid up'

Robbers way have never offered me such a discount before, and i wonder if this is due to them realising that i have now seen my credit report and can see that the debt no longer shows up due to being stat barred.

Maybe Robbers way can somehow see that/when i have logged in, as mentioned in an earlier post?

i honestly don't know - i just find it a strange co incidence (which is all it may actually be?)

Comment

• Hi realfedup

I will admit I have not read all the thread but I just want to say- a debt is not necessarily SB because it no longer appears on your credit report. Most of mine fell off in 2014/15 but didn't actually become SB until 2018 because I had made payments after the default.

What I will say is this, it is that time of year when debt purchasers seem to send lots of letters, personally I think it is to spook people as we approach that capitalist heaven of Christmas where we all spend more than we can afford on presents people do not need in the hope they will think , we think they are very special

I will say, my Callcredit report does show soft searches every month from call credit - to verify my identity. I will also say, I believe the claim I received was after I applied for and was granted a credit card. I think they thought if I had been given credit I must have money

So just how long is it sine you last made a payment or acknowledged the debt?

Comment

• HI Warwick

Point taken.

Last payment made was in 2012. No payments made after default (2012)

Will be checking my records to make sure no acknowledgment (inadvertent or otherwise) to Barclaycard after 2012.

I presume that you applied for credit between 2014 and 2018, which is the period the claim came through - do hope you managed to tell them where to get off:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by realfedup View Post
                      Just wondering if anyone else had had this.

Received letter from Hoist this week stating that all rights on a former BC (alleged) debt had been assigned to them (with RW acting on their behalf?). But all this took already took place a few years ago and the alleged debt should be SB now anyway as the last payment was March 2012 and termination September 2012.

Have Hoist changed their name slightly or something? I don't understand why they would be contacting me again about this? (the assignment I mean).

Can you just clarify the exact names on that assignment letter.

Was it an assignment from Hoist Portfolio 2 Ltd to Hoist Finance UK 1 Ltd or any other 'Hoist' entity?

If anyone else has received a 'Hoist-to-Hoist' assignment letter can you let me know please

(The precise names are important)

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Was it an assignment from Hoist Portfolio 2 Ltd to Hoist Finance UK 1 Ltd or any other 'Hoist' entity?

If anyone else has received a 'Hoist-to-Hoist' assignment letter can you let me know please

Di
                        Hi Di

I have received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters

Comment

• Originally posted by gwlad View Post

Hi Di

I have received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters

Would you be kind enough to email it to me please

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di
                            Hi Di

I also received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters in Oct 2018 regarding an account of mine that went statute barred in 2014
                            Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

• My letter is from Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Limited. dated 22 September 2018.
                              Saying that, We are writing to notify you that MKDP LLP has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefit and entitlement in respect of the above referenced account (including the Outstanding Balance) to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Limited.("HFUKH1L")
                              The assignment has simply taken place as part of Hoist Finance Group restructure where ownership of your account has been transferred from one part of the Hoist Finance Group to another.
                              his is for an old, statute barred and unenforceable, as decreed by FCA decision, Barclaycard.
                              I can only assume that they are trying to create an impression of building up the asset value of their balance sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalkitup View Post

Hi Di

I also received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters in Oct 2018 regarding an account of mine that went statute barred in 2014

Would you be happy to email it to me if it's not too much trouble using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Put your username in the email so I know who it's come from.

Thank you

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X