GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pip's UE Diary

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Pip's account no. 7
    Sainsbury's
    Start date: June 2004
    Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £7,000
    Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
    Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
    Default notice issued Feb 2011.
    Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA request sent to Sainsbury's Bank (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
    JAN CCA received-- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says
    JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to Sainsbury's
    FEB Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott Payment not received // Failure to give attention to this will result in further action
    FEB Letter from Sainsbury's We have complied with s.78 // I disagree that the application is unreadable // Agreement is and will remain enforceable // Full balance is due and in arrears
    MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott Payment in arrears // Must pay immediately // Failure will result in your plan being cancelled and further action to recover debt. This may include door-to-door recovery agent to call at your address; court action to seek a judgment -- if successful we could seek an order allowing us to collect money direct from your employer or if you are a homeowner applying to court for a charging order on your property. Call today // payment can be made by CREDIT CARD
    MAR Sent Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
    MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott DO NOT IGNORE // Urgently trying to contact you // you do not appear to have responded to our requests for payment or provided acceptable repayment proposals // Call "helpline" below to speak to our agents // We urge you to sort this issue out immediately to prevent us taking further action. This may include doorstep collectors/court action/charging order.
    MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED // You have failed to respond to our requests for full payment and not contacted this office with acceptable repayment proposals. Because of this your debt will be prepared for further action if you do not contact us within five days. // What action will be taken? // Door-to-door collectors/Court action may be taken, charging order. How can you prevent this happening? Pay balance in full/call us TODAY to agree a suitable repayment plan. You can still prevent further action by calling us today and making a CREDIT or debit card payment. We suggest you contact a solicitor or CAB.
    MAR Replied sending copies of Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action previously sent to them which they have so far ignored
    APR Letter from Sainsbury's: [Although I wrote to BO&S, not them; letter with Leeds address at top and not a proper letterhead, and with a 2nd class frank on envelope bearing "Birmingham"] Unfortunately, we've issued our final response. // Means we've nothing further to add // we really can't keep writing to you about the same issue. However, you have my assurance that we'll add any further letters you send us to our file. Turning to your allegations of harassment [...] the bank will give no undertaking not to contact your client to ask for payment, particularly as the alleged "dispute" is unfounded. // You have asked that all communication is in writing posted by special or recorded delivery [no I didn't ask for special/recorded] and that we do not contact you by telephone. Happy to write to you by standard postal services but reserve the right to contact by telephone for our legitimate commercial purposes. // As explained in our final response letter, if you're still unhappy you can ask the FOS to look into what's happened. We've now closed our file but will cooperate fully with Ombudsman Service if you decide to ask them to look into your complaint.
    MAY Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION -- SAINSBURY'S BANK PLC versus PIP. Formal notice is hereby given that our client has instructed us to commence court proceedings against you without delay. Papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through your local court to seek a judgment against you. If you are a homeowner and do not pay [...] we may apply for charging order on your property. YOU MUST MAKE PAYMENT NOW TO STOP ACTION BEING TAKEN. Call today/talk to Helpline staff/ make payment.
    MAY Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to B, O & S
    JUN Letter from Sainsbury's Notice that they've "transferred" the debt to Moorcroft [although it's got a Stockport frank on the letter -- it's like anybody could knock these things up and send them out ...]
    JUN Letter from Moorcroft: Been instructed by Sainsbury's // Legal requirement to send notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings are issued // Letter fulfils this even if not read by you // To prevent our recommending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings ... essential to settle debt without delay. If an agreement is not reached in [four days' time(!)], a claim may be issued by solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client without further notice. Etc. Etc.
    JUN Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to Moorcroft
    JUN Letter from Moorcroft: Requesting £1 CCA request fee
    JUN Sent letter to Moorcroft saying that I sent a CCA request letter to Sains. on such-and-such date
    JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Please send proof that you requested CCA and that the £1 was paid.
    JUL Letter from Midas Credit Services: LITIGATION WARNING -- We are part of Moorcroft Group and are aware that you have failed to reach a repayment agreement with Moorcroft concerning above a/c. We are now reviewing the a/c prior to the possible recommending of legal action by external solicitors acting on behalf of our clients. To prevent possible further action you must contact Moorcroft at this address. Failure to contact Moorcroft by [couple of days ago] may result in the issue of legal proceedings without further notice.
    JUL Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to Moorcroft
    JUL Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to Midas
    I've got these useless twazzock going at it again/still:
    JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Our records show you have not made any payment to us // account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division for action. May involve local rep calling at your home address // If you prefer to make repayment arrangement, you must TELEPHONE us no later than [sometime later this week]. If no satisfactory arrangement is made with us or our local rep, you may leave us with lo alternative but to recommend client to commence legal/solicitors proceedings without further notice.
    They don't actually seem to respond to anything sent to them ...

Comment

Pip's account no. 7
      Sainsbury's
      Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

FEB Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott Payment not received // Failure to give attention to this will result in further action
      FEB Letter from Sainsbury's We have complied with s.78 // I disagree that the application is unreadable // Agreement is and will remain enforceable // Full balance is due and in arrears
      MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott Payment in arrears // Must pay immediately // Failure will result in your plan being cancelled and further action to recover debt. This may include door-to-door recovery agent to call at your address; court action to seek a judgment -- if successful we could seek an order allowing us to collect money direct from your employer or if you are a homeowner applying to court for a charging order on your property. Call today // payment can be made by CREDIT CARD
      MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott DO NOT IGNORE // Urgently trying to contact you // you do not appear to have responded to our requests for payment or provided acceptable repayment proposals // Call "helpline" below to speak to our agents // We urge you to sort this issue out immediately to prevent us taking further action. This may include doorstep collectors/court action/charging order.
      MAR Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED // You have failed to respond to our requests for full payment and not contacted this office with acceptable repayment proposals. Because of this your debt will be prepared for further action if you do not contact us within five days. // What action will be taken? // Door-to-door collectors/Court action may be taken, charging order. How can you prevent this happening? Pay balance in full/call us TODAY to agree a suitable repayment plan. You can still prevent further action by calling us today and making a CREDIT or debit card payment. We suggest you contact a solicitor or CAB.
      MAR Replied sending copies of Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action previously sent to them which they have so far ignored
      APR Letter from Sainsbury's: [Although I wrote to BO&S, not them; letter with Leeds address at top and not a proper letterhead, and with a 2nd class frank on envelope bearing "Birmingham"] Unfortunately, we've issued our final response. // Means we've nothing further to add // we really can't keep writing to you about the same issue. However, you have my assurance that we'll add any further letters you send us to our file. Turning to your allegations of harassment [...] the bank will give no undertaking not to contact your client to ask for payment, particularly as the alleged "dispute" is unfounded. // You have asked that all communication is in writing posted by special or recorded delivery [no I didn't ask for special/recorded] and that we do not contact you by telephone. Happy to write to you by standard postal services but reserve the right to contact by telephone for our legitimate commercial purposes. // As explained in our final response letter, if you're still unhappy you can ask the FOS to look into what's happened. We've now closed our file but will cooperate fully with Ombudsman Service if you decide to ask them to look into your complaint.
      MAY Letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT ACTION -- SAINSBURY'S BANK PLC versus PIP. Formal notice is hereby given that our client has instructed us to commence court proceedings against you without delay. Papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through your local court to seek a judgment against you. If you are a homeowner and do not pay [...] we may apply for charging order on your property. YOU MUST MAKE PAYMENT NOW TO STOP ACTION BEING TAKEN. Call today/talk to Helpline staff/ make payment.
      JUN Letter from Sainsbury's Notice that they've "transferred" the debt to Moorcroft [although it's got a Stockport frank on the letter -- it's like anybody could knock these things up and send them out ...]
      JUN Letter from Moorcroft: Been instructed by Sainsbury's // Legal requirement to send notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings are issued // Letter fulfils this even if not read by you // To prevent our recommending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings ... essential to settle debt without delay. If an agreement is not reached in [four days' time(!)], a claim may be issued by solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client without further notice. Etc. Etc.
      JUN Sent letter to Moorcroft saying that I sent a CCA request letter to Sains. on such-and-such date
      JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Please send proof that you requested CCA and that the £1 was paid.
      JUL Letter from Midas Credit Services: LITIGATION WARNING -- We are part of Moorcroft Group and are aware that you have failed to reach a repayment agreement with Moorcroft concerning above a/c. We are now reviewing the a/c prior to the possible recommending of legal action by external solicitors acting on behalf of our clients. To prevent possible further action you must contact Moorcroft at this address. Failure to contact Moorcroft by [couple of days ago] may result in the issue of legal proceedings without further notice.
      JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Our records show you have not made any payment to us // account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division for action. May involve local rep calling at your home address // If you prefer to make repayment arrangement, you must TELEPHONE us no later than [sometime later this week]. If no satisfactory arrangement is made with us or our local rep, you may leave us with lo alternative but to recommend client to commence legal/solicitors proceedings without further notice
      JUL Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to Moorcroft (again)
      This is getting silly now! This came today:
      JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Thank you for your letter requesting a copy of the credit agreement [I didn't send them one requesting this; this is how they've interpreted the threat to commence lit. letter.] Under the CCA 1974 you must provide £1 fee. Consequently if you submit the prescribed payment we will gladly process your request.
      As there's no way of providing documentary* proof of a postal order having been cashed, I'll have to just send a copy of the post office receipt of the postal order. There's a phone number you can ring the post office on to get verbal confirmation of a postal order having been banked, but no way of getting some documentary proof (as far as I know). I think there's been a fair amount of crossed post with these duffers so I'll just "sit on my hands" and wait for them to write again before doing owt!

Comment

Hi Pip
        send your copy(s)of the PO receipt to:
        Postal Order Manager
        Postal Order Enquiry Team
        Post Office Ltd
        No 1 Future Walk
        Chesterfield
        S49 1 PF
        Tel 01246542091

They do confirm if it has been cashed or not,but,and here is the rub,it takes about 4 months from your letter to their response.
        However,you then have proof.
        Greymatter
        Last edited by greymatter; 26 July 2012, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
          Hi Pip
          send your copy(s)of the PO receipt to:
          Postal Order Manager
          Postal Order Enquiry Team
          Post Office Ltd
          No 1 Future Walk
          Chesterfield
          S49 1 PF
          Tel 01246542091

They do confirm if it has been cashed or not,but,and here is the rub,it takes about 4 months from your letter to their response.
          However,you then have proof.
          Greymatter
          Nice one, Greymatter!

Might end up being a nice ruse to keep Moorshight off my case for four months! All for the sake of 20 bob ...

Comment

Might end up being a nice ruse to keep Moorshight off my case for four months! All for the sake of 20 bob ...
            Good grief that's nearly a guinea

Comment

Pip's account no. 7
              Sainsbury's

JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Our records show you have not made any payment to us // account has now been passed to our Home Collections Division for action. May involve local rep calling at your home address // If you prefer to make repayment arrangement, you must TELEPHONE us no later than [sometime later this week]. If no satisfactory arrangement is made with us or our local rep, you may leave us with lo alternative but to recommend client to commence legal/solicitors proceedings without further notice
              JUL Sent Threat to Commence Litigation letter to Moorcroft (again)
              JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Thank you for your letter requesting a copy of the credit agreement [I didn't send them one requesting this; this is how they've interpreted the threat to commence lit. letter.] Under the CCA 1974 you must provide £1 fee. Consequently if you submit the prescribed payment we will gladly process your request.
              Going round and around in circles here. This came today:
              JUL Letter from Moorcroft: Our records show that you have failed to pay the £1.00 fee, therefore we have been unable to assist you in your request. Please forward the £1 fee payable to the above client etc.
              I'm thinking that I could try sending them a copy of the postal order receipt from the original CCA request that I made to Sainsbury's. If they then write back and say that it's not acceptable, I could try Greymatter's suggestion of writing to the Post Office to get the encashment of the P.O. certified in writing (and tell Moorc*** to bugger off for four months while we're waiting for it to come back) ..?

Wondering what you reckon!

Comment

Pip's account no. 4
                MBNA
                Start date: June 2003
                Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
                Default notice issued March 2011.

JAN CCA Request sent to MBNA
                JAN CCA received -- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says half and half
                JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to MBNA
                JAN Letter received from MBNA saying "Balance sold to Britannica Recoveries S.á.r.l. Mortlake"; with letter in same envelope from "Moorgate Loan Servicing". The wording says "it's been purchased", but there is no Notice of Assignment ...
                FEB Letter from MBNA: Documents provided do comply with CCA requirements // As such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights.
                FEB Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: (referring to "Loan Account Number" -- it wasn't a loan). Not received payment on your a/c. Your a/c will now be transferred to our appointed agents, Arden Credit Management who will contact you to discuss repayment of the outstanding balance. (There is no reference in this letter to the original MBNA account whatsoever)
                FEB Letter from Arden "Credit Managment": We have been instructed by Moorgate Loan Servicing to recover an amount outstanding to them. We have assumed responsibility for working with you to repay this amount; therefore all communication should be with us. Please call on receipt of this letter to discuss repayment. Easiest way to pay is debit or CREDIT CARD.
                MAR Letter from Arden "Credit Managment": I am very concerned that you have not taken steps to address balance referred to in previous letter // Failure to come to an acceptable arrangement could result in sending someone to your address to discuss matter in person, passing account to solicitors to obtain judgment and enforcement action in line with your circumstances (e.g. charging orders/attachment of earnings). These have potential for increasing your current balance as charges for someone to speak to you in person would be added to your amount owed. CCJs will impact credit rating etc. This is an extremely urgent matter and one you should not ignore. To avoid any potential additional charges or negative impact to credit file, contact us ...
                MAR Sent Prove It letter
                MAR Letter from Arden: We are writing to confirm that the present situation of non-payment on the above account is not acceptable. // Full balance due and payable // You are in breach of this requirement; options available to you: monthly instalments/lump sum // Should you choose to do nothing, we may take further action: agent in person/legal action. Do not ignore this letter.
                MAR Letter from Arden: Thank you for your letter dated xxx. I am presently investigating the comments you raised and a full response will be sent shortly.
                APR Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: MBNA wrote advising your credit agreement had been cancelled // Options available to them included Sale of Debt. Your account has now legally been sold to Britannica Recoveries. We will consider complaint closed if we have not heard from you within eight weeks. They also enclosed a weirdly "hey! trendy! cool!" letter from Virgin Money: We're pleased to enclose a copy of your most recent T&Cs. Don't forget some of the other fantastic features of your account: Log on to do blah blah etc. You can even go paperless! [squeals with knicker-wetting excitement]. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and we look forward to hearing from you soon. They enclose "current" MBNA T&Cs -- 6 pages -- even though it's no longer current as MBNA have sold the account ..?
                JUN Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: ***FINAL DEMAND*** I am extremely concerned that despite all of our attempts to contact you and discuss the above account you persist in refusing to address the outstanding balance. // Should you continue to ignore our requests for payment proposals, we will be left with no option but to review your account for further action to be taken ... this may mean home visit to discuss reason for non-payment, or account being passed to solicitors to initiate legal proceedings. We will be reviewing account in 7 calendar days; please contact our offices immediately ...
                JUN Letter to Arden Credit Mgt: Telling them last letter received from them was in March saying "a full response will be sent to you shortly".
                JUL Letter from Moorgate Loan Servicing: Sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service received; complaints are taken seriously, [blah etc]. With reference to your letter of xx March 2012, our final response was sent on xx April 2012 (copy enclosed). Moorgate Loan Servicing has now appointed Arden Credit Mgt to manage your loan account. I can see from our records that Arden has made several attempts to contact you to discuss the account. The telephone calls have been made due to the need for a payment arrangement in line with your personal affordability and where possible to include proposals to reduce your account arrears. // Arden has tried to contact you to discuss the situation and I apologise that you have been upset by these calls. However payments do need to be mutually agreed and maintained. I note that you have not made a payment since xx January 2012. Failure to contact Arden immediately may now result in legal proceedings. Therefore contact us on [phone number] to discuss options to discharge yourself from this responsibility. // We are responding to your enquiry in respect of a loan with Britannica Recoveries SARL-Mortlake on behalf of Moorgate Loan Servicing. // Financial ombudsman info etc. blah.
                JUL Letter from Arden Credit Mgt: Despite our numerous attempts to contact you we have not had a response from you or an indication of willingness from you to resolve this matter. Further to our last correspondence we have reviewed your account and determined that further action is necessary. To that end, I am going to instruct field agents to attend your property to discuss the matter with you in person. A fee for the visit will be charged to you with the amount not exceeding £75.00. We can cancel this if you contact us within five days of this letter and make satisfactory arrangements regarding your account.
                JUL Sent Threat of Doorstep Visit letter to Arden Credit Mgt
                Also got this today from "Resolvecall" ...
                JUL Letter from Resolvecall: We have been instructed by Arden Credit Mgt to contact you regarding the outstanding balance due to them by you. Arden Credit Mgt advise us that they have not been able to contact you [but I have been in contact with them] and they are concerned that you may be experiencing difficulty meeting your repayments. It is in your interest to contact Arden immediately upon receipt of this letter to discuss this account as a matter of urgency so that they can try and help you find a way to repay the outstanding balance. // If you do not contact Arden, this may lead to a personal visit being made by one of our representatives. // To avoid the need for this action, please call Arden on 0800 blah at once. They are happy to accept payment over the phone by debit/credit card. // Act now to get help; Please do not ignore this letter.
                They bang on throughout the letter about contacting Arden, which I have already. Will have a look through the diaries now to see if anyone else has had encounters with this lot, but as ever, advice and pointers are very appreciated!
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  If you've already got your CCA I wouldn't bother sending them anything. Moroncroft are one of the Top Ten
                  Moorcroft seem to interpret the Threat of Litigation letter as a request for the CCA ..! I have also had "Midas Credit Services" write to me -- not sure who they are, although they say they're part of the Moorcroft group ...

Comment

Also got this today from "Resolvecall" ...
                    JUL Letter from Resolvecall: We have been instructed by Arden Credit Mgt to contact you regarding the outstanding balance due to them by you. Arden Credit Mgt advise us that they have not been able to contact you [but I have been in contact with them] and they are concerned that you may be experiencing difficulty meeting your repayments. It is in your interest to contact Arden immediately upon receipt of this letter to discuss this account as a matter of urgency so that they can try and help you find a way to repay the outstanding balance. // If you do not contact Arden, this may lead to a personal visit being made by one of our representatives. // To avoid the need for this action, please call Arden on 0800 blah at once. They are happy to accept payment over the phone by debit/credit card. // Act now to get help; Please do not ignore this letter.
                    They bang on throughout the letter about contacting Arden, which I have already. Will have a look through the diaries now to see if anyone else has had encounters with this lot, but as ever, advice and pointers are very appreciated!
                    Thanks!
                    I would send Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit (remove the bit about them phoning you if they haven't) if it were me.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I would send Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit (remove the bit about them phoning you if they haven't) if it were me.
                      Thanks Pixie, will do!
                      Having lookied through the diaries it seems that they do send people round. Not that that achieves anything other than attempts at harrassment and intimidation ...

Comment

They are one and the same. DCAs love using different company names because it makes them sound important. Obviously Niddy's templates go way over Moroncroft's head as their literacy level is year 1. Asking for £1 for a CCA request is standard DCA way to fob you off, Wetclothes did the same with me more than a year after I'd received my CCA!

I would just wait to hear from someone who can read!
                        Thanks FP. If you think it's worth just sitting on my hands with this one! I should maybe add that Moorcrap included some slightly sarcastic quotes from the Threat of Litigation letter.
                        Last edited by Pip; 31 July 2012, 11:51. Reason: formatting gone wonky

Comment

funeralAs you know crapwest replied to a cputr request from me with a request for the fee. These guys really are stupid

Comment

The problem with some DCA's are, they send out templates that closey match a reply to any letter they receive.

So one might send them a letter for example, arguing that a true copy of a CCA doesnt exist, or that an account is UE, and rather than contest it, they reply with some bollox like, "our client reiterates they complied with the CCA Request"

I dont believe that whatever monkeys they employ cant actually read, so my only asumption is that they are either ignorant, or employed to merely send out template letters that resemble some sort of reply to do with anything other than a payment offer.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are one and the same. DCAs love using different company names because it makes them sound important. Obviously Niddy's templates go way over Moroncroft's head as their literacy level is year 1. Asking for £1 for a CCA request is standard DCA way to fob you off, Wetclothes did the same with me more than a year after I'd received my CCA!

I would just wait to hear from someone who can read!
                              I ended up starting my letters to them. DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

I just had fun with them asking why they were incapable of reading letters and responding.

Comment

I think next time niddy does a template he should add a bit that threatens to remove their doorsteps, just to throw that back at em lol

Comment

Working...
                                X