GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Greymatter's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greymatter's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hanging in there.Will update soon.Lots of family stuff to handle at the mo.
    Thanks
    GM

Comment

• Hi Di
      Re: SB letter in response or ignore.
      Managed to locate my Diary!!.There are many threads detailing the old egg account.However I have listed a few:numbers:48;442:460:462:465.Payment stopped 8/02/2012.DN around 2004

Comment

• Hello Di.My email shows a response from you but I cannot see it.Would you send again pls.
        Thanks
        greymatter

Comment

• Hello Di sorry to pester but is it poss for you to advise me as to should I respond to the Capquest letter requesting I contact them etc etc.This is a very old egg account..Should I ignore or send "Statute Barred" letter.
          Thanks Di
          Greymatter

Comment

• Originally posted by greymatter
            Just when I thought my old debts were dead I get a letter from Capquest telling me I owe an old Egg debt now to be handled by them on behalf of Arrow Global.This account became Statute Barred in January 2018.
            Should I write and inform them or ignore.

^ ^ ^ this is what you posted on your other thread to help put things in context.

It seems you've had a letter from Capquest (DCA) to say that they will be managing your account on behalf of Arrow (debt purchaser).

From what you say there was nothing threatening in their letter so I see no harm in ignoring it.

If you write to tell them it's Statute Barred they may go looking for a reason to dispute that.

If Arrow are serious about pursuing you they'll instruct solicitors. If that happens under the new Pre Action Protocol you must be sent a formal Letter of Claim giving you 30 days to respond. That would be the moment to tell them it's SB (assuming it is).

Recent case law identified that the Default date can be a 'cause of action' (if it comes after the last payment made) for SB decision making so it's always best to leave things as long as possible before drawing attention to yourself. Although a quick look back through your thread suggests this debt was defaulted more than six years ago so that should help

Di

Comment

• Thanks Di
              This was defaulted 2004.Last token payment 08/02/12.So its well and truly SB.
              Many thanks for your information.Thats mosts helpful.
              greymatter

Comment

Working...
              X