GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GlobalC's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GlobalC's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: globalcrossings's UE diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    that'll be to Bank of Ireland remember (as the issuer)

Hi Niddy, thanks for that reminder, i was about to send it off to Post office, i have found this address for bank of ireland, just wanted to check if you know whether its right or not?

Head of Customer Care BCB
    36 Queen Street
    London, EC4R 1HJ

Comment

]Virgin Credit card
      Taken Out Nov 2002
      Approx balance £6300 This is now £6900
      Date last paid September
      Status In arrears
      Account holder MBNA

11th Nov Received CCA
      25th Nov Niddy says " This is relative to one of the two minute flyers that was highlighted in CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010]

They actually sent the original terms from Dec 2001 as well, they're not the latest ones but the originals (thus I said it was enforceable when I checked first time round) however the above case law comes into play so have a read and don't worry too much about this account.

6th Dec received email reminding me of arrears and to pay. ignored
      12th Jan2012 received email saying i am now 3 months in arrears blah blah. ignored
      20th Jan received a LETTER! telling me about 3 months in arrears and that the credit facilty has been withdrawn! IGNORING i think?[/QUOTE]

To update i have been receiving more calls recently from mobiles as well from mbna, so i have decided to send off the following letter.

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing. This number is no longer used by me, therefore I do have access to a number which you should only use if you cannot get hold of me by mail, as I do request that all correspondence be done via letter to allow me an audit trail in case of future misconduct.

This contact number is 08719152718. You should take this as formal notice that my previous number is no longer in use by me and any attempts to call it will be classed as undue harassment to which relevant complaints will be sent to your governing regulators. I do request you only communicate in writing however should you feel the need to try and speak to me please leave a message and I shall endeavour to return your call if I deem it appropriate, otherwise I will respond in writing.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will have no alternative but to report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine and/or other sanctions as they see fit. Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence.

As I now formally demand all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only, I would like to also make you aware that any additional harassment will put you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

I trust I have made myself and my position clear.
      Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

beAlso i am a little worried that since i received my cca from virgin i have done nothing but ignore, i am hoping that Niddy or someone could put my mind at rest that there is a response to them as this is sort of neither UE or enforcable i beleive?

Comment

Re the telephone calls - I'd just amend Niddy's telephone harassment template to show the AAD number but don't say that you will speak to them!

Don't worry about ignoring them - I've ignored some of mine for ages!

Just post when you receive anything and we'll let you know what to reply with.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
          Hi Niddy, thanks for that reminder, i was about to send it off to Post office, i have found this address for bank of ireland, just wanted to check if you know whether its right or not?

Head of Customer Care BCB
          36 Queen Street
          London, EC4R 1HJ

Hey guys, lovely day, should be out enjoying it but hey ho, sent off cca request to PO at above address on the 21st Feb had nothing back yet, was wandering if i had sent to wrong address?

MBNA obviuosly took a dislike to my last letter re Telephone harrassment, so they are now calling all the time, i am logging these calls now.

Comment

You will have proof that you sent it? so its in dispute until they send something back

relax and don't worry but come back to us when you get anything from them

Comment

Natwest O/D personal acc

Letter received today stating i have 21 days to call them before they take formal recovery action, this is just one of three acc's, i assume i just ignore for now?

Comment

if its from Natwest, I would wait to see what happens next.

Comment

Blimey got 3 letters in post today. The first one concerns me the most.

1 Post Office/Bank of Ireland

They have sent a default notice in which i have till the 26/3 to remedy, this bothers me as i have sent off for thee cca a few weeks back, and i believe that this could be enforceable, is there a letter to send back in responce while awaiting cca?

2 MBNA

Letter saying immenent termination of account! woo hoo

3 MBNA

Letter stating they are investigating my complaint. r.e telephone harassment....still doesnt stop them phoning

Comment

1 Post Office/Bank of Ireland

They have sent a default notice in which i have till the 26/3 to remedy, this bothers me as i have sent off for thee cca a few weeks back, and i believe that this could be enforceable, is there a letter to send back in responce while awaiting cca?

Bit more info on this please..........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sorry I2D, i havent paid this now for 2 months, i sent off cca around the 20/2 wasnt sure if right address. Balance is about 5.5k i think this was after 2007, i thought whilst i had requested the cca that it was in dispute so no need to pay?

Comment

sorry I2D, i havent paid this now for 2 months, i sent off cca around the 20/2 wasnt sure if right address. Balance is about 5.5k i think this was after 2007, i thought whilst i had requested the cca that it was in dispute so no need to pay?
                        That's normal to be sent a default notice then ....have they singed for your CCA request ?

Comment

thats a good question, i will go check now

Comment

thats a good question, i will go check now
                            Just checked and it says it was delivered on the 22/2 does not mention a signature?

Comment

Just checked and it says it was delivered on the 22/2 does not mention a signature?
                              Just ignore then ...let us know what they send next.......... They are in default of your CCA request.....

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                                Just ignore then ...let us know what they send next.......... They are in default of your CCA request.....
                                Ok many thanks I2D, will sit tight

Comment

Working...
                                X