GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GlobalC's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GlobalC's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: globalcrossings's UE diary

Hi guys, just wanted some advice re: virgin debt, they still havent defaulted me yet but are calling everyday( i dont answer ) I havent wrote anything to them since i received the cca and i just make a token payment each month. I have been considering writing to them to request they accept reduced payments pro rata. But then i think would i be better off waiting to get defaulted and then deal with the dca who might be more likely to agree to a lower payment and then eventually F&F?

In regards to natwest i have received a default notice but still awaiting to here back from them since i sent I&E and payment offer.

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
      Okay so it looks as though this one is enforceable too, but niddy advises to just wait and see what they do next. Trouble is there still adding interest etc and my minimum payment due now is like £600 any ideas as to my next move or litterally do nothing. Thanks guys
      ermm, for the balance your min payment should be £180 based on 3% repayment...... forget the arrears - that's not important.

They will add interest until it gets sold to a DCA - at that point interest usually cuts down dramatically but unless you can afford to repay it, what can you do other than allow interest and charges - you can always haggle that part later if you ever do a F&F....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes he says it looks enforceable, they have however sent the currrent t&c's so not sure if that makes a difference. Once it gets defaulted i assume i will need to set up a plan the dc as its enforceable?
        Did they send the original terms as well? If not (albeit easy to remedy) it'd be unenforceable - sorry, I rarely look at the terms unless guided to do so and your CCA looked ok, thus the terms were not considered.

You realise they're unlikely to sell it if you're making token payments - and why do this anyway when your credit file is screwed? You may as well not bother as all you're doing is throwing good money away!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Did they send the original terms as well? If not (albeit easy to remedy) it'd be unenforceable - sorry, I rarely look at the terms unless guided to do so and your CCA looked ok, thus the terms were not considered.

You realise they're unlikely to sell it if you're making token payments - and why do this anyway when your credit file is screwed? You may as well not bother as all you're doing is throwing good money away!

Many thanks Niddy, i assume thery havent sent the original t&c's as in the cover letter they say they have enclosed "your up to date terms and conditions" These have my current address on, when i applied for the card i was living elsewhere as the agreement shows. Could this really be unenforceable?

Comment

Many thanks Niddy, i assume thery havent sent the original t&c's as in the cover letter they say they have enclosed "your up to date terms and conditions" These have my current address on, when i applied for the card i was living elsewhere as the agreement shows. Could this really be unenforceable?
            email me everything again please - i'll check again

Comment

Thanks Niddy, i have just sent it all to you

Comment

This is relative to one of the two minute flyers that was highlighted in CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010]

They actually sent the original terms from Dec 2001 as well, they're not the latest ones but the originals (thus I said it was enforceable when I checked first time round) however the above case law comes into play so have a read and don't worry too much about this account.

Comment

This is relative to one of the two minute flyers that was highlighted in CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010]

They actually sent the original terms from Dec 2001 as well, they're not the latest ones but the originals (thus I said it was enforceable when I checked first time round) however the above case law comes into play so have a read and don't worry too much about this account.
                  Ok, so i presume this one is sort of sitting on the fence! Is there a template letter that i should fire off, or should i just ignore for now? Thanks for looking again Niddy

Comment

Ok, so i presume this one is sort of sitting on the fence! Is there a template letter that i should fire off, or should i just ignore for now? Thanks for looking again Niddy
                    I would just wait and see what they do next.....

Comment

I would just wait and see what they do next.....
                      Will do, and i'll stop making token payments cheers guys

Comment

Good luck - keep us updated yea?

Comment

Got a letter from Nit west today, and finally some goodish news they have accepted my monthly proposal for a period of 6 months, but will default me....at least that then stops the interest!

Will wait and see what happens with mbna just getting the daily calls at mo.

Comment

Got a letter from Nit west today, and finally some goodish news they have accepted my monthly proposal for a period of 6 months, but will default me....at least that then stops the interest!

Will wait and see what happens with mbna just getting the daily calls at mo.
                            Well cone with NatPest - regards to MBNA - send this: ---> Harassment by Telephone

Comment

hey guys, to update i receieved and email from mbna today, obviously getting conscience about saving the tree's!.

We have already contacted you to remind you about the arrears on your account. These now total £0000.00 and this information is being registered with the credit reference agencies.

Please make an immediate debit card payment via Online Card Services. If you've not already registered for this service, you'll need your most recent statement to complete the registration process.

To log in, simply click the button below.

After you've made your payment, why not set-up a Direct Debit for your future payments? A Direct Debit will not only prevent future missed payments registering on your credit file, it will prevent additional fees associated with late payments.

Whatever your situation, it is important that you contact us if you are unable to make the required payment in full today. You can call us free Monday to Thursday 9am to 9pm, Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm on:

Think i'll just ignore for now. I was wandering if there is some sort of letter that i can fire off in the future when things get a bit more serious with regards to my situation with mbna?
                              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 6 December 2011, 19:25. Reason: removed real link from button!

Comment

Just ignore for now...let them write to you
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X