GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Hubby just bumped into one of the 'local collectors'.Was very polite and curious as to where we'd got the the CCA letter from. Was very sympathetic and said there was no pressure and that they'd accept £20 a week.Hubby tried not to get into a conversation and told them nothing

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
      Hubby just bumped into one of the 'local collectors'.Was very polite and curious as to where we'd got the the CCA letter from. Was very sympathetic and said there was no pressure and that they'd accept £20 a week.Hubby tried not to get into a conversation and told them nothing
      For which company was that jerk collecting?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        For which company was that jerk collecting?
        http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=238
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you; that told me it was the local loan shark, which was all I wanted to know.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. I've pm'd I2D. As you say i'd rather not name them cos we just dont trust them
            Care to let me know please?

Please name them, there's no problems.......
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you; that told me it was the local loan shark, which was all I wanted to know.
              I sincerely hope it frickin isn't - unless they are licenced in doorstep collections they best not be cold calling at anyones house let alone a debtors......
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's the one we've spoken about that we're awaiting the CCA request from. As you said dont want to make enemies yet. They've not contacted us yet. Last night was a coincedental meeting

Comment

Co-op CCA returned. E mailed to Niddy. Hopefully!!
                  Oooh what a surprise, you took out PPi and guess what? No prescribed terms or mention of it - ooops! This fails and is unenforceable and will always be so, as they forgot about the provision for the insurance in regard to PPi...

s.18 covers this - read here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...34&postcount=5

This is

Respond with the following, or ignore it: ---> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t1.php
                  Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 3 January 2012, 03:44. Reason: link replacement

Comment

It's the one we've spoken about that we're awaiting the CCA request from. As you said dont want to make enemies yet. They've not contacted us yet. Last night was a coincedental meeting
                    Please PM me and tell me more - serious, let me elaborate for you, if you were in the local chinese takeaway and you *bumped into* your bank manager, imagine your horror if they started asking about how you're going to repay your loan?

So the same applies, but with more stringent rules, to these loan companies that think they are legalised loan sharks, ergo if you say it was coincidental, then it was in a public place ergo this firm have breached their terms of Consumer Credit Licence...

We need anything we can get against them so please records details of this meeting and keep it safe..... if you don't mind, can you please PM and let me know what the hell happened?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Please PM me and tell me more - serious, let me elaborate for you, if you were in the local chinese takeaway and you *bumped into* your bank manager, imagine your horror if they started asking about how you're going to repay your loan?

So the same applies, but with more stringent rules, to these loan companies that think they are legalised loan sharks, ergo if you say it was coincidental, then it was in a public place ergo this firm have breached their terms of Consumer Credit Licence...
                      Is that because they were canvassing off their premises?

Comment

Is that because they were canvassing off their premises?
                        How would you have guessed

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Oooh what a surprise, you took out PPi and guess what? No prescribed terms or mention of it - ooops! This fails and is unenforceable and will always be so, as they forgot about the provision for the insurance in regard to PPi...

s.18 covers this - read here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...34&postcount=5

This is

Respond with the following, or ignore it: ---> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/temp...lity/s2-t1.php
                          Yay! I've been waiting to hear about this one. Well done!
                          Last edited by AAD-LinkEditor; 3 January 2012, 03:46. Reason: link replacement

Comment

Me too. Great news. I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks everyone and especially Niddy for all the help and support. Appreciate it more than you'll ever know

Comment

Had first contact from Nationwide today regarding overdraft. 1 letter and 5 phone calls. Do i make an agreemement now to stop charges being added or ignore for now?

Comment

It's up to you but I'd ignore.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X