GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    OVERDRAFT with Nationwide B/S
    £800
    NOT PAYING
    Last interest paid 06/08/2011 now changed bank acc
    Default date:14/02/2012
    08/08/2013....Letter from Arc.We have conducted a search with Land Registry and understand you own your property. Next course of action may be to issue a court claim and obtain a charging order.However even at this late stage our client will give you a final opportunity to settle before court. We can offer a substantial discount in next 14 days
    I would try sending this to Arc and see what that does - attach a copy of the original OD CCA Request you sent on 20 May 2013. Lets see what that does, they may say f*ck you and issue a claim but at worst you admit it and agree to a repayment. Lets try, no harm in sending this as a gentle reminder of their error....

Dear Sirs,

Ref: XXXXXXXX

I refer to previous correspondence and in particular my request for information under the provisions of The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) Regulations 2010; and also c.39 (s.74 (A&B) (VA)) CCA(1974). In particular, s.74A(2) states that the current account agreement must include the following information at the time it is made:

(a)
    the rate of interest charged on the amount by which an account-holder overdraws on the current account or exceeds the pre-arranged overdraft limit,
    (b) any conditions applicable to that rate,
    (c) any reference rate on which that rate is based,
    (d) information on any changes to the rate of interest (including the periods that the rate applies and any conditions or procedure applicable to changing that rate), and
    (e) any other charges payable by the debtor under the agreement (and the conditions under which those charges may be varied).

I formally requested a copy of the required documents that should have been sent to me annually by Nationwide Building Society and am to date still awaiting such documents. None of the above information has ever been sent to me.

Until such time as I am in receipt of the requested information, this account cannot be enforced and remains in an unenforceable position because the basic underlying principles of legislation are being ignored. I attach a copy of my original request again, and hope that this time you'll take me more seriously and actually send out historical data as required within the legislative statute that is the Consumer Credit Act (1974).

I look forward to your response within the next 28 days with the requested information. Finally, please note that if you decide to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will defend any legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, the Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and of course, consider possible court action.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks a lot . Will get that sent off. Fingers crossed

Comment

13/09/2013.....Letter from Bryan Carter. We have been instructed by Frederickson on behalf of Lowell to issue court proceedings on 25th September. Contact us if you wish to avoid going to court. This matter has now reached a critcal stage and you may want to take legal advice

Update

Comment

Which account?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received a letter from Co op today giving notice of assignment to Lowells. This was originally a debt for £900 in 2003 when we went on a dmp ne 2011with CCCS,as it was then, until 2011. I've not got all the statememnts but the account went to Frederickson's in 2009 along with 2 other small accounts. According to my dmp staments all accounts had a zero balance when we stopped paying it. The accompanying letter from Lowells today states that before selling the account,Co op have checked their records and there is no reson the account should remain unpaid.Can you advise me please?

8/2/13..Letter from Lowells stating last paypent was for £121 in Nov 2011. Need to prove its been settled. Confused as we would only have paid £10pm at most when on dmp and we stopped paying in June 2011
            23/3/13Letter from Lowells...as we are unwilling to pay they will obtain copy of credit file and possibly work details
            08/06/13..Passed to Fredericksons
            20/06/13 Letter from Freds. Do not ignore!
            28/06/13..Letter before action received
            5/7/13..Letter from Bryan Carters..Pay within 14 days or will recommend clients issue proceedings without further notice
            19/7/13..Letter from Lowells. Despite letter from Bryan Carter still not paid. One last chance before they issuing a claim. Prepared to accept a f&f settlement if we ring within 48 hours
            Sorry. This one

Comment

When did you do a s.78 (cca request)?

Comment

I haven't sent one for this account.As far as we were aware it was paid off when we were on the dmp. First we heard saying it was still owed was in January.Should i get one sent off?

Comment

I haven't sent one for this account.As far as we were aware it was paid off when we were on the dmp. First we heard saying it was still owed was in January.Should i get one sent off?
                  Hi

its paid off is it?

Comment

Hiya. Sorry for the delay. I'm not 100% certain as its had that many reference numbers that it's hard to match up, but according to the statements i do have 3 accounts we had with co-op were paid in full on our dmp. The only outstanding one is the larger loan that we are aware of.

Comment

I'd probably ignore it for now - especially based on the delay in my replying (soreeeee)....

Comment

Hi - are you still with us?

Hope everything's ok......

Comment

Hi. Been a long time i know.Hope everyone's ok. Had a very black period but time to put it behind me and move on. Since i was last on here we've had the house repossessed and are now living in a much cheaper but ok rented property. Not heard much from most of our creditors,just Nationwide o/d and Quickquid which keep sending letters from different collectors. We also have a mortgage shortfall of £12,500 and a secured loan of £8,000 chasing us. Good to be back. Have looked in many times but only just plucked up the courage to return

Comment

Since i was last on here we've had the house repossessed

How did that happen? It was all going so well with your lender placing you on interest only until June this year

The good news however is that we received a letter today from Nram and they have either had a change of heart or made a mistake and allowed us to pay interest only until June 30th 2014. This now makes it affordable for almost a year and gives us some breathing space.

Comment

We missed a payment and it went donhill from there. We're actually relieved tho that its all over in a way

Comment

We also have a mortgage shortfall of £12,500 and a secured loan of £8,000 chasing us. Good to be back. Have looked in many times but only just plucked up the courage to return

Well it's good to have you back amongst us so we can help you to clear up the debris

Comment

Working...
                                X