GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Hi, received a letter from Lowells re Co op account above stating last payment received was for £121 in Nov 2011 and i need to send documentary evidence that it has been settled in full so they can investigate further. On hold for 30 days. I'm confused as they would only have received about £10 per month and we stopped paying in June 2011

Comment

Very similar case here of mine regarding co-op and lowells seems they have brought a few duds lol

An old sorted issue has raised it's ugly head - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
        Hi, received a letter from Lowells re Co op account above stating last payment received was for £121 in Nov 2011 and i need to send documentary evidence that it has been settled in full so they can investigate further. On hold for 30 days. I'm confused as they would only have received about £10 per month and we stopped paying in June 2011
        You don't need to send them documentary evidence of anything. They are a commercial operation, albeit one which produces no goods or services of any value, and not an authority. If they believe that your assertion is wrong, and that a debt exists, the responsibility is entirely theirs to demonstrate this.

Judging by the fact that they are quoting fake payments, they are either trying to pull a fast one, or they have genuinely mixed this up with another account.

SH

Comment

Lowells are the pits and one John Broadbent is bang out of order, still he will be pleased when they get a bill from the FOS for £850 lol as my complaint has gone in.

Not bothered really if the FOS find in my favour or not to be honest just knowing that it is costing them is good enough for me lol

Comment

Just ignore this for now
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received a letter from Co op today giving notice of assignment to Lowells. This was originally a debt for £900 in 2003 when we went on a dmp with CCCS,as it was then, until 2011. I've not got all the statememnts but the account went to Frederickson's in 2009 along with 2 other small accounts. According to my dmp staments all accounts had a zero balance when we stopped paying it. The accompanying letter from Lowells today states that before selling the account,Co op have checked their records and there is no reson the account should remain unpaid.Can you advise me please?
              Hi, Had a nice quiet few weeks but received a letter from Lowells saying they have answered my query and i now need to set up an arrangemement to pay. Should i continue to ignore please?

Comment

Hi, Had a nice quiet few weeks but received a letter from Lowells saying they have answered my query and i now need to set up an arrangemement to pay. Should i continue to ignore please?
                See what they send next, yea....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Think i can manage that Thanks

Comment

Received a letter from Lowells saying that they assume we are unwilling to pay so are obtaining a copy of our credit file and may even obtain work details and will then decide whether to use court or doorstep agent.

Comment

Received a letter from Lowells saying that they assume we are unwilling to pay so are obtaining a copy of our credit file and may even obtain work details and will then decide whether to use court or doorstep agent.
                      Ignore for now, but keep the letter safe. They are only trying to frighten you into making the first move. You've been around long enough not to be fooled.

Clownell, you are going to have to do better than that.

SH

Comment

OVERDRAFT with Nationwide B/S
                        £800
                        NOT PAYING
                        Last interest paid 06/08/2011 now changed bank acc
                        Default date:14/02/2012
                        13/12/2011..Letter received. Pay up or will register a default notice'and instruct KPR to collect and could commence legal action
                        04/01/2012..Default notice issued on 31/12/2011. Balance £841
                        24/01/2012..Pre-debt collection notice received. If i dont pay as required by DN they will instruct KPR to recover full balance.Could involve legal action. KPR is the business name of Nationwide
                        17/02/2012..Letter from KPR. Formal Demand for Payment. Nationwide have passed the account over to recover debt.Committed to being fair and reasonable so contact to make arrangement to pay. Nationwide is considering ccj or decree. Would then enforce the judgement by charging order,attachment of earnings etc.alternatively account may be passed to external debt collectors
                        02/03/2012..letter from KPR. Offering me the opportunity to pay a significantly reduced one off discounted sum.Benefits .. no CCJ,no legal costs,will improve future credit rating and account will be closed and remaining balance written off. To take advantage ring immediately to discuss what discount is available. Offer only open for 7 days.
                        16/03 2012...Letter from KPR. I've failed to respond and they cannot allow this to continue. My debt has now become a priority. Must call within 7 days to make an acceptable offer to pay
                        12/04/2012... Letter from Fredericksons to say account has been passed to them Balance £880
                        19/04/2012...Letter from Freds. Letter before action. Must pay in 7 days or they will take immediate action.List of court fees etc.
                        20/04/2012..CCA request sent
                        25/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors re cca. This is a current account partially excluded by section 74 of CCA1974 from the application of Part v of the act. If you require copy statements or current terms you will need to request these from local branch and a fee will need to be provided. Send proposals for payment
                        27/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Must pay within 14 days else they'll recommend issuing proceedings without further notice. List of court costs etc
                        11/05/2012..Letter from Fred's. Despite a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors i've failed to pay. They are prepared to offer one final opportunity to pay before recommending client instructs solicitors to issue a claim. At this late stage prepared to accept a f&f provided i contact them within 48 hours
                        06/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors..Final Notice. May be referred for court proceedings. Now reached critical stage and i may wish to obtain independant legal advice
                        30/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Final settlement offer. Instructed to offer reduced settlement figure ,available for 14 days after which full balance will become due
                        20/04/2013.. Letter received from Nationwide saying account has now been passed to ARC

Evening everyone. The above letter was received today. Well i opened it today. Just come out of hospital after having my appendix out. Seriously.....anything else???

Comment

Ouch hope you're alright

Just ignore this silly letter for now and get better

Comment

Hope you're soon on the road to recovery samsmum
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here's to a speedy recovery from me too samsmum
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

OVERDRAFT with Nationwide B/S
                                £800
                                NOT PAYING
                                Last interest paid 06/08/2011 now changed bank acc
                                Default date:14/02/2012
                                13/12/2011..Letter received. Pay up or will register a default notice'and instruct KPR to collect and could commence legal action
                                04/01/2012..Default notice issued on 31/12/2011. Balance £841
                                24/01/2012..Pre-debt collection notice received. If i dont pay as required by DN they will instruct KPR to recover full balance.Could involve legal action. KPR is the business name of Nationwide
                                17/02/2012..Letter from KPR. Formal Demand for Payment. Nationwide have passed the account over to recover debt.Committed to being fair and reasonable so contact to make arrangement to pay. Nationwide is considering ccj or decree. Would then enforce the judgement by charging order,attachment of earnings etc.alternatively account may be passed to external debt collectors
                                02/03/2012..letter from KPR. Offering me the opportunity to pay a significantly reduced one off discounted sum.Benefits .. no CCJ,no legal costs,will improve future credit rating and account will be closed and remaining balance written off. To take advantage ring immediately to discuss what discount is available. Offer only open for 7 days.
                                16/03 2012...Letter from KPR. I've failed to respond and they cannot allow this to continue. My debt has now become a priority. Must call within 7 days to make an acceptable offer to pay
                                12/04/2012... Letter from Fredericksons to say account has been passed to them Balance £880
                                19/04/2012...Letter from Freds. Letter before action. Must pay in 7 days or they will take immediate action.List of court fees etc.
                                20/04/2012..CCA request sent
                                25/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors re cca. This is a current account partially excluded by section 74 of CCA1974 from the application of Part v of the act. If you require copy statements or current terms you will need to request these from local branch and a fee will need to be provided. Send proposals for payment
                                27/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Must pay within 14 days else they'll recommend issuing proceedings without further notice. List of court costs etc
                                11/05/2012..Letter from Fred's. Despite a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors i've failed to pay. They are prepared to offer one final opportunity to pay before recommending client instructs solicitors to issue a claim. At this late stage prepared to accept a f&f provided i contact them within 48 hours
                                06/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors..Final Notice. May be referred for court proceedings. Now reached critical stage and i may wish to obtain independant legal advice
                                30/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Final settlement offer. Instructed to offer reduced settlement figure ,available for 14 days after which full balance will become due
                                20/04/2013.. Letter received from Nationwide saying account has now been passed to ARC
                                29/04/2013... Letter received from Arc.We wish to make it quite clear that unless a substantial payment is received in ten days along with a firm offer to clear the balance we may pass account to solicitors to prepare court proceedings
                                Update. Should i continue to ignore please?

Comment

Working...
                                X