GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    Here's the reminder,sorry it's late. Another day another drama. Hubby got carjacked at traffic lights last night and forced to drive 40 miles til the guy fell asleep and he could ring the police. Trying not to be paranoid but some ******* has really got it in for us this year
    Jeez ! Terrible thing to happen, glad he's alright, and he did the right thing by not trying to confront the guy, life is cheap to these low life cretins and they are capable of anything especially if drugged up or just plain bad, although if it happened to me I'm not sure I could practice what I preach... given the chance I would beat them to within an inch of their miserable lives....

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
      Jeez ! Terrible thing to happen, glad he's alright, and he did the right thing by not trying to confront the guy, life is cheap to these low life cretins and they are capable of anything especially if drugged up or just plain bad, although if it happened to me I'm not sure I could practice what I preach... given the chance I would beat them to within an inch of their miserable lives....
      So true on many fronts. But you hit the nail on the head in summing it up

Samsmum,

Reading your posts and hoping that it starts to turn the corner for you soon....You deserve it - Glad Hubby was unharmed
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here's the reminder,sorry it's late. Another day another drama. Hubby got carjacked at traffic lights last night and forced to drive 40 miles til the guy fell asleep and he could ring the police. Trying not to be paranoid but some ******* has really got it in for us this year

Hi samsmum
        So glad Hubby ok and most importantly safe. here's hoping they catch the ******* . It must have been a nightmare for him, he certainly did do the right thing. to all your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Hold fire. I'll sort you a reply in morning. Just remind me if I forget
          Just reminding you about this. Thanks :-)

Comment

Oooops really sorry. Have had a lot on lately.

Ill login first thing and sort this. My apologies

Just remember it is an OD so no promises....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

Just realised this - is this an overdraft that commenced in 2008? Can you clarify...?
              Hiya did you see my post above? It's an OD from 2008 so we really can't fight this anymore actually. Not really sure there is much I can do, they know that you're snookered and so will push like mad to get repaid. It's entirely your risk whether you try and take the gamble of them not taking action based on the small debt or whether you quit this one and agree to a repayment. Sadly, it's the only two options I can think of right now and I need you to think about which option you think best suits you and then we'll look at "what next"....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for replying. I think the option with the least stress is a monthly repayment. We always knew this was the most likely outcome for this so it's not come out the blue. Thanks for just telling me it is like it is. Still got plenty of others left to fight

Comment

Hiya did you see my post above? It's an OD from 2008 so we really can't fight this anymore actually. Not really sure there is much I can do, they know that you're snookered and so will push like mad to get repaid. It's entirely your risk whether you try and take the gamble of them not taking action based on the small debt or whether you quit this one and agree to a repayment. Sadly, it's the only two options I can think of right now and I need you to think about which option you think best suits you and then we'll look at "what next"....
                  Hi Mate,

Just got back and picked this up on the second pass. Have a quick word with Josie888. I know this is not normal policy but she might have a take on an F & F if Samsmum can put something together now or in near future. Despite the latter day subsequent fight with the OC and DCA we did get it sorted at 10% in the end. Account still owned by OC as well. There are risks but --------

regards
                  G

Comment

Thanks for replying. I think the option with the least stress is a monthly repayment. We always knew this was the most likely outcome for this so it's not come out the blue. Thanks for just telling me it is like it is. Still got plenty of others left to fight
                    Hiya

As picked up by Garlok - do you happen to have maybe £400 to make a F&F? If not no worries, but let me know.

Dont reply or agree to anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                      Hi Mate,

Just got back and picked this up on the second pass. Have a quick word with Josie888. I know this is not normal policy but she might have a take on an F & F if Samsmum can put something together now or in near future. Despite the latter day subsequent fight with the OC and DCA we did get it sorted at 10% in the end. Account still owned by OC as well. There are risks but --------

regards
                      G
                      cheers mate. See if there's any funds for F&F then we'll go for one before involving solicitors. Obv I've referred a bit Josies way and we need to manage time/cases lol.

But if they play hard-ball or there are funds then sure, Josie will get a message

Comment

Hiya

As picked up by Garlok - do you happen to have maybe £400 to make a F&F? If not no worries, but let me know.

Dont reply or agree to anything yet.
                        Wish we did but no, will have to be monthly repayments on this one i'm afraid

Comment

Its fine I didn't think so after the last couple of shitty claims etc. ok, leave it with us for today. I'm busy most of tomorrow but will be around this time and will login and sort a suitable response to send back. Can you clarify, are you in a relationship and both earning/working? If you'd rather PM that's fine but I need to know the basics as I think it might be worth arguing one last time for the cca with an offer at the end, only if they drop the balance.

Finally, how much of the -£800 OD have you used? ie when you last used it were you £300 OD and the bank added £500 in charges?

Thanks.

Comment

PM'd you .Thanks

Comment

That's a bit of a b****r, sorry. The best thing is to wait for Niddy's responses on this as he has suggested. It is not unknown at a later date for them to make some offer when you are on a payment arrangement so that opens the door to negotiation at the very least if times get any better. Best of luck with this, yeah?

regards
                              G

Comment

cheers mate. See if there's any funds for F&F then we'll go for one before involving solicitors. Obv I've referred a bit Josies way and we need to manage time/cases lol.

But if they play hard-ball or there are funds then sure, Josie will get a message
                                OK mate, that's fine understand the position.

regards
                                G

Comment

Working...
                                X