GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mauijim
    replied
    Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Nelson Guest are letterheads for rent for Wescot. Both chopped down an entire forest to write letters to me last year. I only ever sent a single account in dispute letter to Nelson Guest and that did the trick. I never heard from them afterwards, been over a year since their last missive.
    Slight problem though FP. This ultimately would not fall under UE so I am rather hoping they make an error in procedure. I will have to wait and see what they send. I have no money so they'll have to get in line!

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Nat West business Overdraft!

Bloody postman woke me up as he had a parcel for me. At least it was something I was looking forward to!

14/06/12 Letter from Nelson guest and Partners. "Our client Wescot is willing to consider realistic options for repayment based on your personal circumstances ....however if a plan is not agreed within 10 days of this letter, further recovery activity will be undertaken.

This has bounced between AIC Wescot and Nelson Guest. I have to be honest and say I only wrote to them and said, "very unwell, skint so cannot afford to pay!"

What next, wait and see what they do?

Cheers

MJ

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Been waiting for the Hull Heroes to collect my doorstep for a year now, tea got cold, I ate the biscuits and my doorstep is still in place!

Unfortunately there are still many people out there who mistakenly believe they will be visited by bailiffs when they get those letters, I hope some get to read these diaries.
    I had a home visit threat donkeys years ago, it was so long all I found was a letter fron Noah!!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    This does upset my Wife when she's forgotten her keys!! Only joking!

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Been waiting for the Hull Heroes to collect my doorstep for a year now, tea got cold, I ate the biscuits and my doorstep is still in place!

Unfortunately there are still many people out there who mistakenly believe they will be visited by bailiffs when they get those letters, I hope some get to read these diaries.
    I have to laugh though because even if they did come to my house I wouldn't answer the door. I ignore all callers to my home no matter who they are. In fact I only speak to the local CSO when he pays a visit to my neighbourhood...the rest can whistle Dixie!!

This does upset my Wife when she's forgotten her keys!! Only joking!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

well said FP thats exactly what i used to think cos thats what they want us to believe and i did once upon a time , before i was niddyfied
    xx

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Capital One

8/6/12 Letter from Wescot threatening a doorstep visit! I have sent the "threat of doorstep visit" template and will await their response.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

21/05/12 Letter from Wescot saying if I wish to complain or query the CCA they sent me I should write direct to Crapitall One!

I wrote to them saying as confirmed by Niddy so I cannot see any point in writing again unless it is best to do so?

It seems the solicitor backed off immediately after my "one liner" and it appears they are chancing their arm now.

What do you suggest?

MJ
    I Would send them this-------> Final Response - Unenforceable (General) but up to you.......or ignore

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Well how weird is this? I just had a letter from Wescot today 16/05/12 but it is dated 10/04/12. There is no date on postmark, just a 2nd Class Pre Paid Business logo!! I can only think they didn't post this when it was written!

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the balance is correct and due for payment"

Niddy says this is and their lack of legal action suggests they also know this.

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
    21/05/12 Letter from Wescot saying if I wish to complain or query the CCA they sent me I should write direct to Crapitall One!

I wrote to them saying as confirmed by Niddy so I cannot see any point in writing again unless it is best to do so?

It seems the solicitor backed off immediately after my "one liner" and it appears they are chancing their arm now.

What do you suggest?

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Well how weird is this? I just had a letter from Wescot today 16/05/12 but it is dated 10/04/12. There is no date on postmark, just a 2nd Class Pre Paid Business logo!! I can only think they didn't post this when it was written!

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the glance is correct and due for payment"

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
    Just ignore see what they send next......

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Hi ELD and PlanB

I think you have a point, it cannot do any harm if I send them a one liner saying "why wasn't my question answered?" and enclose a copy of my letter to Wescot "account sold..."

It's a sunny day so a walk to the post office will do me good!

Thanks

MJ

PS I did a bit of research and it seems they are a legitimate firm of solicitors in Sidcup. I wondered if they are part of Wescot?

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the balance is correct and due for payment"

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 16 May 2012, 13:11. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I agree with above. A simple one liner "see attached" will suffice

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Hi ELD and PlanB

I think you have a point, it cannot do any harm if I send them a one liner saying "why wasn't my question answered?" and enclose a copy of my letter to Wescot "account sold..."

It's a sunny day so a walk to the post office will do me good!

Thanks

MJ

PS I did a bit of research and it seems they are a legitimate firm of solicitors in Sidcup. I wondered if they are part of Wescot?

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

no harm in sending the Nelson Guest desk a sold in dispute
    or a one liner suggesting they read your letter of such and such a date

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I asked because in your post # 1 you said Capital 1 credit card has an £11k + balance and I didn't want them to take a punt on court proceedings despite your dispute over CCA issues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X