GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mauijim
    replied
    UPDATE 01/07/2021
    Nat Pest Visa (£4.5K) and RBS MasterCard (£11.5K)

Hi to all,

I am back to get advice about the credit card debts I have with RBS/Nat Pest. I don't expect anyone to read through my diary; here is a summary.

Starting around 2009/10, my health was awful, and I was in a world of physical and financial pain. The advice from here was excellent, and I managed to clear my debts. Most of the creditors were helpful; it was the DCAs that caused the trouble. The latter backed off once a template letter reached their desk!

I had some wins in the court, but I had a loss against Nat Pest. They are, without a doubt, the worst company I dealt with. This is where I am again, MJ Versus RBS/NatPest.

I fought them for years and refused to yield because they could not provide CCAs for either account. Sadly, they found a CCA for both accounts, so I paid £1 per month. Every year they write to me and demand payment in full or an increased amount. I send back my SOA, and they settle for £1 per month for the next year. That exchange started again but at six-monthly intervals. My health took a serious nosedive in January 2021, and it's still poor.

We asked RBS for help as our mortgage is with them. Once again, they must bear a grudge because they offered nothing! So I want to fight back against these awful people, and my credit card debt is one way. I informally asked for copies of my CCA; don't worry, I will issue an S78 letter to keep it legal. The reply suggests they do not have a copy of the RBS MasterCard, but the Visa copy is in the post.

Please, can someone point me to the Section 78 template?

How will they react if I dispute the RBS card and stop payments; will they punish me via the Visa account?

TIA

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

I think I'd send the LBA reply again to Shoosmiths and SWID to Cabot.

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

I started to post on the Cabot thread as they bought my Crapital One CC debt. The latter never complied with CCA and what they sent was declared by Niddy. All was quiet as Crapital knew they had no realistic legal case.

Cabot contacted me but I follow the lead of others on here who received similar letters. Shitsmooth are now acting for Cabot and they threatened me and as advised I replied as if it was a true LBA. They replied saying Cabot are now the client and any request for documents can be made to Shitsmooth. Should I send ASWID to Cabot?

Today I had another LBA from Shitsmooth, two copies! They say they had omitted a digit from my postcode! It's an exact copy of the first one! I'll check my file and see if the postcode error is correct.

What do you advise?

Thanks

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

I've noticed an increased tendency recently on the part of debt purchasers to just frogmarch debtors into court regardless of if the debt is in dispute or unenforceable. What a pain these people are. Good luck MJ.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

New thread in the secure area here---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Barclaycard%29

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    MKDP are scum.

Please mail us everything relevant to your claim inc Default notice, cca paperwork, NoA etc

its webmaster@ and atw@

all-about-debt.co.uk

Try not to worry mate
    Cheers Niddy. Trust me I am not worried, I have zero income, zero savings and zero money. Blood stone and all that!!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

MKDP are scum.

Please mail us everything relevant to your claim inc Default notice, cca paperwork, NoA etc

its webmaster@ and atw@

all-about-debt.co.uk

Try not to worry mate

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    I wrote to MKDP and it all went quiet. That ended this morning when I received a Court N1 claim form so these people clearly like the court process.

The CCA was deemed as nothing more than Terms and Conditions by Niddy so now I need to determine my next defense strategy.

I hope you guys can help? This comes at a time when I am in a bad phase with my health and have zero money.

Thanks

MJ
    Hi MJ,
    Sorry to hear this.
    I've notified Niddy & Andrew and they'll email you as soon as they're available. In the meantime please read the following guide -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...atutory-demand and if you want to join a group apply now.

Elsa x

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    I'll flag this up for Andrew and Niddy's attention. It's the weekend so don't expect a response before Monday.

From what you say this account may be UE

Did you get a LBA from Keynes or nothing more since that letter from MKDP on 5th June?
    I don't recall a LBA but I will check my file. They are just a pain but to be honest they can't take what I don't have.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I'll flag this up for Andrew and Niddy's attention. It's the weekend so don't expect a response before Monday.

From what you say this account may be UE

Did you get a LBA from Keynes or nothing more since that letter from MKDP on 5th June?

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

I wrote to MKDP and it all went quiet. That ended this morning when I received a Court N1 claim form so these people clearly like the court process.

The CCA was deemed as nothing more than Terms and Conditions by Niddy so now I need to determine my next defense strategy.

I hope you guys can help? This comes at a time when I am in a bad phase with my health and have zero money.

Thanks

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

I can pretty much guarantee that the next one will be a NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION from Keynes, as in my case. They just don't know when to stop!

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Wow, even spelling it out to them has no effect lol.

I think its prob time to get a little heavy yourself, they clearly arnt listening. Perhaps a complaint to someone may do the trick. See what Niddy Thinks.

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

I had a reply from MKDP on 19/05/14 saying they could not deal with my query. My query was as per Niddy's post "I have never signed an agreement with Barclaycard...."

Today I had another letter which states.

"We raised your concern with the original creditor that the account was sold when in dispute but hey do not have a record of this on their system"

I have checked my records and I sent a letter "Account sold when in dispute" to MKRR on 24/04/12. They appear to be trying to dodge this by saying "they have a record of a S78 dispute and requests for further information. All requests were processed were fully complied with and the account was never placed in dispute. They continue "we believe this account to be fully enforceable and the above balance remains outstanding"

I then believe they show heir hand when they add "We will resume our attempts to contact you to discuss a suitable repayment method regarding this account"

They do not mention any legal procedure or threats in this letter. Now I am trying to make 2+2=5 but it does seem they are on the back foot.

What do you reckon fellow AAD members?

I can post a cleaned version of their letter in the secure area if that helps.

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Yep that's what needed to be done. Well done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X