GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mauijim
    replied
    Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

I have now written to Keynes Collections using the information from Niddy's post. "you keep saying that this agreement is enforceable but here is the problem, I never did sign any agreement with Barclays so in your opinion how do you suppose that affects the effect of your argument whereby you're also quoting incorrect non binding 'guidance' to me?

I'll let you know what they say

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I'd write back and literally say:

"you keep saying that this agreement is enforceable but here is the problem, I never did sign any agreement with Barclays so in your opinion how do you suppose that affects the effect of your argument whereby you're also quoting incorrect non binding 'guidance' to me?

I strongly urge you to properly familiarise yourself with the Consumer Credit Act and also the new Financial Conduct Authority's Consumer Credit Sourcebook which did replace the now defunct OFT at the start of April. I think you'll then agree that your argument is exhausted based on the fact that NO agreement does exist. It would be in everyone's best interest if this was recourse back to the original creditor, Barclays Bank."
    I must admit illness prevented me from sending a reply and this morning 03/05/14 I had a letter from Keynes Collections. Now you can call me a cynic but without searching online it does seem to me these people are in the office across the hall from MKRR, MKDP or whatever else they're called.

Please tell me how best to deal with this as my current state of health dictates I would rather do without this action.

Thanks

MJ

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Hello MJ, long time no hear. How are you and how's you health shaping up

I keep getting the same old same old from MKDP re my Barclaycard(s) too. Do what Niddy says. Keep 'em talking so to speak. MKDP are trigger happy with court summons if ignored.

If/when they refer it to Keynes Collections who may send you a LBA we have a new awesome Template Letter on here to respond.

Look after yourself

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I'd write back and literally say:

"you keep saying that this agreement is enforceable but here is the problem, I never did sign any agreement with Barclays so in your opinion how do you suppose that affects the effect of your argument whereby you're also quoting incorrect non binding 'guidance' to me?

I strongly urge you to properly familiarise yourself with the Consumer Credit Act and also the new Financial Conduct Authority's Consumer Credit Sourcebook which did replace the now defunct OFT at the start of April. I think you'll then agree that your argument is exhausted based on the fact that NO agreement does exist. It would be in everyone's best interest if this was recourse back to the original creditor, Barclays Bank."

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

I wrote to them using Final Response General UE last year and to be sure they could not claim I had not sent it, I sent it again. Today I received their reply. It is pretty much the same as their last reply to the other Final Response. They claim the Agreement is whereas Niddy examined it ages ago and said I know who I believe.

These people must have me on their ToDo list in March April as this is when they harass me afresh. I have attached a redacted copy of their reply and they end on a separate page with "Accordingly, the creditor's duty under section 78 has been satisfied and you remain liable for the above balance in full"

The constantly claim it is but never get beyond the threatening to commence litigation stage. I am happy to keep swapping love letters provided this is the best course of action?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MKDP Reply.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1400012

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

I wouldn't Jim. I'd do a one liner referring to my last letter, in fact I have just done this for one of ours.......................

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
    I would send this if it were me-----> Final Response - UE (General)
    Well I sent these idiots the Final Response but it seems that March is their active month as far as I am concerned. I had a few letters from MKRR and then this morning I had the usual blurb "as you have not responded we have instructed our pre-legal department to review your case

Should I just ignore?

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    Update for Barclaycard

This one makes me smile as it was declared many months back. MKRR kept sending a template letter saying they were "sorry for not handling my complaint, they were trying to locate the correct CCA "

Well on 26/04/13 they sent me a letter enclosing the original CCA from Barclaycard. In it they say that they and Barclaycard have complied with my request and they consider the account to no longer be in dispute and they will now continue with their normal collection methods! You simply have to laugh because they clearly didn't read my letter where I stated I was in receipt of their alleged CCA which is non-compliant and therefore I would not communicate with them again until such time as they revolved my issue. So almost 2 years later and umpteen letters later we are back at square one.

Which template should I send next. I was considering a simple expletive reply with sex and travel as the main topic?

Cheers

MJ
    I would send this if it were me-----> Final Response - UE (General)

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Barclaycard

11/12/10 Letter to Barclaycard offering £1 token payments
    30/12/10 Letter to confirm correspondence in writing only and to insist number is removed from system due to harassment
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting my £1 token payments. I have not missed a payment since but should I now cancel them?
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard saying £1 payment unacceptable and denial of harassment. Totally contradicts other letter accepting £1 token payment.
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting £1 per month payment
    15/7/11 Letter received from Credit Solutions informing me I had not complied with the default notice from Barclaycard. Letter asks me to phone them or it could result in A debt collector calling at my home or County Court Claim
    30/07/11 Letter received from Power2Contact. "We have been instructed by our client to VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT"
    01/08/11 Letter Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit posted to Power2Contact 1st Class recorded.
    03/08/11 CCA request with £1 PO sent 1st Class Recorded to Mercers
    12/08/11 CCA request acknowledged by Barclaycard
    05/09/11 Threat letter from Credit Solutions
    10/11/11 CCA attempt received from Barclaycard
    1/12/11 Niddy says
    2/12/11 “Terms & Conditions received” template sent
    6/12/11 Account transferred to MKRR
    10/12/11 Barclaycard claim CCA is valid and they will pursue the debt
    12/03/12 Letter from MK Rapid Recoveries. "Further to our recent communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not received your offer of payment"
    23/03/12 Another letter from MKRR saying "we haven't heard from you"
    27/03/12 Sent letter to MKRR saying hello I am still here and "Account sold whilst in dispute"
    Update for Barclaycard

This one makes me smile as it was declared many months back. MKRR kept sending a template letter saying they were "sorry for not handling my complaint, they were trying to locate the correct CCA "

Well on 26/04/13 they sent me a letter enclosing the original CCA from Barclaycard. In it they say that they and Barclaycard have complied with my request and they consider the account to no longer be in dispute and they will now continue with their normal collection methods! You simply have to laugh because they clearly didn't read my letter where I stated I was in receipt of their alleged CCA which is non-compliant and therefore I would not communicate with them again until such time as they revolved my issue. So almost 2 years later and umpteen letters later we are back at square one.

Which template should I send next. I was considering a simple expletive reply with sex and travel as the main topic?

Cheers

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 27 April 2013, 10:23.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Update Crapitall One

16/07/12 A letter from Crapitall One saying the account is now back with them. I reckon that's a loop of about 7-8 DCAs and now it's back to square one for them. This CCA has been deemed by Niddy
    Sounds familiar not hard anything in over 2 years on mine

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Crapitall One

16/07/12 A letter from Crapitall One saying the account is now back with them. I reckon that's a loop of about 7-8 DCAs and now it's back to square one for them. This CCA has been deemed by Niddy

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update 25/06/12

A walk to the Post Office. I was shocked because there was a big orange thing in the sky and no rain falling!

Letter stating "Account sold while in dispute" sent as advised.

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 25 June 2012, 11:59. Reason: Grammar

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    I would send this if it were me------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    Well with my current low pain lifestyle that can be my task on Monday!!

Thanks I2D

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Update Crapital One

23/06/12 Despite this being and me following all the advice on here with various templates it seems the numpties at WetCots love sending me letters. I now have one from Credit Security Limited with the usual blurb..."we are instructed by our client to collect this debt Unless there is a valid reason for non-payment Settlement within 7 days Should you wish to discuss this

So what should I send them?

Cheers

MJ
    I would send this if it were me------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Crapital One

23/06/12 Despite this being and me following all the advice on here with various templates it seems the numpties at WetCots love sending me letters. I now have one from Credit Security Limited with the usual blurb..."we are instructed by our client to collect this debt Unless there is a valid reason for non-payment Settlement within 7 days Should you wish to discuss this

So what should I send them?

Cheers

MJ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X