GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mauijim
    replied
    Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Was it a specific Letter Before Action with the amount payable and a deadline to comply? I'm not good at ignoring solicitors' letters ever since Howard Cohen issued proceedings against me even though they were just a letterhead in the same offices as Lewis the DCA
    Hi Plan B

No it was a generic "we may take further action" letter. Like you I am not keen on ignoring official solicitor's letters. This is more of a "we've tried the usual DCA threats let's try a solicitor style letter"

MJ

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    04/04/12 Wet Cots acknowledged my "Account sold whilst in dispute" and said they would investigate before they contacted me again. Did not post this in my diary as it meant nothing. I have included it now because 11/05/12 brings a letter shown below.

11/05/12 Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors. Our client Wet Cots etc .

Should I reply or ignore and wait for the next letter from Wet Cots?

MJ
    Was it a specific Letter Before Action with the amount payable and a deadline to comply? I'm not good at ignoring solicitors' letters ever since Howard Cohen issued proceedings against me even though they were just a letterhead in the same offices as Lewis the DCA

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

04/04/12 Wet Cots acknowledged my "Account sold whilst in dispute" and said they would investigate before they contacted me again. Did not post this in my diary as it meant nothing. I have included it now because 11/05/12 brings a letter shown below.

11/05/12 Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors. Our client Wet Cots etc .

MJ
    just ignore Nelson Guest ...is next desk on.....

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Capital One

This was deemed by Niddy and I wrote to Crapital One saying "no CCA"

26/03/12 Letter from Wet Cots showing "FINAL NOTICE in scary red letters. Pay up or may take legal action, doorstep you etc.

27/03/12 Letter sent to Wet Cots "Account sold whilst in dispute"

I now await their reply.

MJ

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 11 May 2012, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Yes.

I'd also send them a copy of s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (link and attached) with the question of whether their copy had been damaged when their office cat had been sick on it.

I do not believe there is any valid reason why Shooshitz should feign ignorance of the law.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Update

21/4/12 - Another letter from MKRR saying I have not made my offer of payment. They've totally ignored the "Account sold while in dispute" letter.

Ignore or send "enough is enough"??

Cheers

MJ
    Ignore for moment.... keep us updated though

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Update Arvato (1&1)

30/03/12 Letter from Arvato. This account has now been closed and returned to 1&1. I win!
    Well done - result

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

25/04/12 Letter from Shoosmiths. Just a repeat of their last letter saying I need to send payment of £1 and sign the request. I have now written to them FOUR times clearly stating no signature is required. This letter then asks "Why am I objecting to signing the request?" This is getting quite annoying now as they keep going round and round in circles.

They finish off the letter with. Unless we receive your response by 3/5/12 we shall seek to issue proceedings against you in this matter without further notice to you.

So I have no CCA at all, they keep asking me to sign despite four letters demonstrating I do not need to sign and now they are threatening proceedings. I know the latter is merely a threat but what are these people playing at?

Any advice welcomed?

Cheers

MJ
    I Would send this------->Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update RBS

17/03/12 A letter from Shoosmiths about my RBS card. I sent a CCA request FOUR times but each time RBS returned my request and £1 PO and asked for my signature. I sent them "no signature required" FOUR times and they did nothing. In the end I gave up because it was getting me nowhere. In this latest letter they say that "their client has asked me to supply my signature together with the fee of £1"

Can these people read? What should I send them now?
    25/04/12 Letter from Shoosmiths. Just a repeat of their last letter saying I need to send payment of £1 and sign the request. I have now written to them FOUR times clearly stating no signature is required. This letter then asks "Why am I objecting to signing the request?" This is getting quite annoying now as they keep going round and round in circles.

They finish off the letter with. Unless we receive your response by 3/5/12 we shall seek to issue proceedings against you in this matter without further notice to you.

So I have no CCA at all, they keep asking me to sign despite four letters demonstrating I do not need to sign and now they are threatening proceedings. I know the latter is merely a threat but what are these people playing at?

Any advice welcomed?

Cheers

MJ

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Barclaycard

11/12/10 Letter to Barclaycard offering £1 token payments
    30/12/10 Letter to confirm correspondence in writing only and to insist number is removed from system due to harassment
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting my £1 token payments. I have not missed a payment since but should I now cancel them?
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard saying £1 payment unacceptable and denial of harassment. Totally contradicts other letter accepting £1 token payment.
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting £1 per month payment
    15/7/11 Letter received from Credit Solutions informing me I had not complied with the default notice from Barclaycard. Letter asks me to phone them or it could result in A debt collector calling at my home or County Court Claim
    30/07/11 Letter received from Power2Contact. "We have been instructed by our client to VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT"
    01/08/11 Letter Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit posted to Power2Contact 1st Class recorded.
    03/08/11 CCA request with £1 PO sent 1st Class Recorded to Mercers
    12/08/11 CCA request acknowledged by Barclaycard
    05/09/11 Threat letter from Credit Solutions
    10/11/11 CCA attempt received from Barclaycard
    1/12/11 Niddy says
    2/12/11 “Terms & Conditions received” template sent
    6/12/11 Account transferred to MKRR
    10/12/11 Barclaycard claim CCA is valid and they will pursue the debt
    12/03/12 Letter from MK Rapid Recoveries. "Further to our recent communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not received your offer of payment"
    23/03/12 Another letter from MKRR saying "we haven't heard from you"
    27/03/12 Sent letter to MKRR saying hello I am still here and "Account sold whilst in dispute"
    Update

21/4/12 - Another letter from MKRR saying I have not made my offer of payment. They've totally ignored the "Account sold while in dispute" letter.

Ignore or send "enough is enough"??

Cheers

MJ

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Arvato (1&1)

17/03/12 I wrote to them again and said I was not paying. I told them I could prove their cancellation policy was unfair as it's an unfair term of contract and based on German law only. I added that whilst I did not want to go to court I was willing to do so and explain to the judge how I had clicked the hyperlink...TWICE to be sure and had cancelled prior to the next contract term. Just because they chose to raise the invoice one month early does not mean I have to pay it.

30/03/12 Letter from Arvato. This account has now been closed and returned to 1&1. I win!

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Barclaycard

30/12/10 Letter to confirm correspondence in writing only and to insist number is removed from system due to harassment
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting my £1 token payments. I have not missed a payment since but should I now cancel them?
    25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard saying £1 payment unacceptable and denial of harassment. Totally contradicts other letter accepting £1 token payment.
    15/7/11 Letter received from Credit Solutions informing me I had not complied with the default notice from Barclaycard. Letter asks me to phone them or it could result in A debt collector calling at my home or County Court Claim
    30/07/11 Letter received from Power2Contact. "We have been instructed by our client to VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT"
    01/08/11 Letter Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit posted to Power2Contact 1st Class recorded.
    1/12/11 Niddy says
    12/03/12 Letter from MK Rapid Recoveries. "Further to our recent communication regarding transfer of ownership of your balance we have not received your offer of payment"
    23/03/12 Another letter from MKRR saying "we haven't heard from you"
    27/03/12 Sent letter to MKRR saying hello I am still here and "Account sold whilst in dispute"

Leave a comment:

• mauijim
    replied

Update Capital One

This was deemed by Niddy and I wrote to Crapital One saying "no CCA"

26/03/12 Letter from Wet Cots showing "FINAL NOTICE in scary red letters. Pay up or may take legal action, doorstep you etc.

27/03/12 Letter sent to Wet Cots "Account sold whilst in dispute"

I now await their reply.

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 30 March 2012, 10:51.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Hi In 2 Deep

Here is a precis of what has happened thus far with Barclaycard

1/12/11 Niddy says
    23/03/12 Another letter from MKRR saying "we haven't heard from you "

That's it from them so all advice appreciated.

MJ
    Time for this then--------->Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Leave a comment:

Working...
X