GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elsie52's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsie52's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
    Morning folks.

Phew, after 2 months of being internetless, I eventually made it back. Had problems with BT broadband, then laptop decided to play up and eventually pack in. Have had to bite the bullet and buy a new one.......felt totally lost without it. I will be back later today with a diary update.
    welcome back Elsie, we missed you you know!

Comment

Hey stranger how's it going? Hope you're well....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm pleased you're back with us too Elsie
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am fine thanks Niddy, hope you ard yours are well too.

I have just spent 25 minutes giving an update on our UE....then lost all the bl@@dy thing.

Anyway the gist of it is....all is okay.

Marbles UE and letter from them saying will not enforce.

Clydesdale UE " " " "

LTSB UE.....still occasionally sell us on....... Sold whilst in dispute letter goes to them, then its quiet again

Barclaycards 1 & 2 UE .....same as above.

Cahoot, now Santander just sold us on again to Wesctot. We were previously sold to Moorcrofts, then Reven recoveries. Will send Sold whilst in dispute letter to them and see what happens. This is one of those strange accounts which Niddy wasn't sure would be UE, but we are still going with it, so fingers crossed.

It is now 3 years and 4 months since we began our UE journey, and life is so much better, but I will really be glad to get over the 6 years mark. Only another 2 years and 8 months to go.!!!

Comment

Hiya

I have literally just this minute changed the login view so that the little tick box sticks to the right of the password field - click that and it keeps you logged in, otherwise you get auto-logged out due to inactivity and writing a long post does cause inactivity unfortunately.

Or copy everything you write before clicking submit - just incase.

However you're fine - you seem to be totally in control, and counting the days
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy...it didn't help matters by having a telephone call in the middle of it which delayed things. Anyway, sorted now. Off for a look around and see what I have been missing.

Comment

Hi everyone and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

I need some guidance on this one please Niddy..........It concerns a Cahoot Flexi loan account which we took out in 2002.......its one of those strange accounts which when we first started our UE journey you advised us to continue with UE which we did. The account was taken over by Santander, and in turn it was sold on to Moorcrofts, Raven Recoveries and Westcot. Our last reply to Wescot in November 2013 was CCA Query - Missing prescrbed terms.

28/12/2013 Letter received from Santander which goes like this

Dear Mr XX

Thank you for highlighting your concerns and giving me the opportunity of investigating these matters.

I am aware you are unhappy with the loan agreement that we have sent for the above loan agreement. I understand that you are querying your liability over the loan and the current outstanding balance.

I can see the loan agreement you have attached and can confirm that this is a signed loan agreement that was completed at the time the loan was taken out. It states that the agreement you have signed is regulated by the CCA 1974. It states to sign the agreement if you are willing to be bound by its terms.

I can see that on XX/XX/2008 you sent you sent us a letter saying that you were experiencing financial diffilcuties and had been in contact with Paypal. You advised Paypal would be paying etc etc. Paypal made their 1st payment to us in XXX2008. This loan would have been included in any correspondence about your arrangement with Paypal, thus acknowledging the loan and the debt.

If you require any further information about your loan, such as statements showing credits and debits since the start of your loan, along with any other loan agreements held on our system, you will need to complete a SAR request form. There is a £10 fee for this request and I have enclosed a cheque payable to you in order to cover this fee as a goodwill gesture. The SAR request is attched to this letter.

So basically, they have sent us a £10 cheque to apply for a SAR..............This has gone for almost 4 years as UE....how should we reply to them please.?

Thanks as always

Comment

Hiya & Happy New Year.

Who owns this? Is it Santander? What does PayPal have to do with this? Was it a PayPal credit card? Not a loan? Am confused at that bit.

Id ignore their reply. It's not SB yet is it, and you've acknowledged nothing - fools

Comment

It started off as Cahoot, then in March 2010 Santander wrote to say that they were taking over the management of our account. Payplan is the Debt Management company we were with for 2 years prior to starting our UE journey.

Sorry for the confusion Niddy.......I've got a befuddled head today.

Ok will ignore, Thanks very much
                    Last edited by Elsie52; 2 January 2014, 13:39. Reason: Stupidity.!!!

Comment

Paypal is the Debt Management company we were with for 2 years prior to starting our UE journey.
                      Are you sure you're not thinking of Payplan?
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oooo Thankyou Saltnvinegar.......my head is a shed....I've got the dreaded flu/cough thingy that's going around....Can't think straight.

Comment

Hi everyone and a belated Happy New Year to you all.

I need some guidance on this one please Niddy..........It concerns a Cahoot Flexi loan account which we took out in 2002.......its one of those strange accounts which when we first started our UE journey you advised us to continue with UE which we did. The account was taken over by Santander, and in turn it was sold on to Moorcrofts, Raven Recoveries and Westcot. Our last reply to Wescot in November 2013 was CCA Query - Missing prescrbed terms.

28/12/2013 Letter received from Santander which goes like this

Dear Mr XX

Thank you for highlighting your concerns and giving me the opportunity of investigating these matters.

I am aware you are unhappy with the loan agreement that we have sent for the above loan agreement. I understand that you are querying your liability over the loan and the current outstanding balance.

I can see the loan agreement you have attached and can confirm that this is a signed loan agreement that was completed at the time the loan was taken out. It states that the agreement you have signed is regulated by the CCA 1974. It states to sign the agreement if you are willing to be bound by its terms.

I can see that on XX/XX/2008 you sent you sent us a letter saying that you were experiencing financial diffilcuties and had been in contact with Paypal. You advised Paypal would be paying etc etc. Paypal made their 1st payment to us in XXX2008. This loan would have been included in any correspondence about your arrangement with Paypal, thus acknowledging the loan and the debt.

If you require any further information about your loan, such as statements showing credits and debits since the start of your loan, along with any other loan agreements held on our system, you will need to complete a SAR request form. There is a £10 fee for this request and I have enclosed a cheque payable to you in order to cover this fee as a goodwill gesture. The SAR request is attched to this letter.

So basically, they have sent us a £10 cheque to apply for a SAR..............This has gone for almost 4 years as UE....how should we reply to them please.?

Thanks as always
                          Sounds like Wescot have forwarded your missing prescribed terms letter to Santander and it has been picked up by someone with less than 2 brain cells to rub together. My view is it doesn't change anything - you acknowledged nothing since your last payment to them and the account is still UE until they address the missing prescribed terms.

While they interpret this as a 'request for more information' and demand a £10 for a SAR they are barking up the wrong tree and helping you towards SB
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Only just over 2 years to go until SB....thank goodness.......not only did the person with 2 brain cells write their reply, they also sent us a cheque to cover the £10 SAR........don't think that I will be cashing it though.!!

Comment

morning Elsie

hope you have had a lovely Christmas and are bearing up, this lurgy is everywhere, suffering a bit myself. nitwits at Santander, just let them muddle along, they'll probably forget all about it now for a wee while cos it'll be sitting in someone's pending waiting for that SAR

keep in touch and regards to the family

xxx

Comment

Thankyou Mrs D....and a Happy New Year to you too. Hope things are going well for you and your family. It seems a million miles away since we set off on this journey, and its a journey that I can't wait to be over.!! Will just sit quietly now and wait until we hear something from Santander, and just hope that they forget all about us for a wee while.

Comment

Working...
                                X