GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jaci's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaci's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jaci's UE Diary

absolutely, it's the way to go, just don't ignore anything, if you're not sure just ask,

xxx

Comment

Thanks MrsD

Comment

Ah... #*&%

Have this morning received a court claim form (again), This time it's for an overdraft which I was paying when I was on the DMP, But stopped and started ignoring once I started the UE road... (feel free to call me a wally, I've been calling myself worse!).

The total amount on the summons is £1443 (including court fee and solicitors costs), so what I'm hoping is if someone can point me in the right direction of a letter to make an offer of payment, if I can offer around 50% I can rob peter to pay paul if you see what I mean ...

I wasn't sure where to post this even, so if I'm in the wrong place can someone move me?

Thanks in advance and apologies for being a pest again...

Comment

Originally posted by jaci View Post
          Ah... #*&%

Have this morning received a court claim form (again), This time it's for an overdraft which I was paying when I was on the DMP, But stopped and started ignoring once I started the UE road... (feel free to call me a wally, I've been calling myself worse!).

The total amount on the summons is £1443 (including court fee and solicitors costs), so what I'm hoping is if someone can point me in the right direction of a letter to make an offer of payment, if I can offer around 50% I can rob peter to pay paul if you see what I mean ...

I wasn't sure where to post this even, so if I'm in the wrong place can someone move me?

we'll help sort this shortly. I'll ask andrew to PM / email you.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

it's tough Jaci, but listen to Niddy and we'll try to get it sorted. You're posting in the exact right place, it's brave of you. Just reiterates for everyone that the head in the sand routine gets you no where. fighting the eejits is the only option.

Comment

Ah... #*&%

Hi Guys ... I'm just wondering if can send a 'standard' offer of F&F payment letter for this, or if that's not possible now I've received court stuff?

Comment

Has Nids come back to you about this one? or Andrew?

Comment

MY ACCOUNT

LLoyds TSB
                  Credit Card
                  Start Date 24-10-2001
                  Current Balance £1056.67
                  Status - In Arrears

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - Currently with Westcott Credit Services
                  06/06/2011 - CCA Request Sent
                  05/07/2011 - Received my letter back, complete with cheque (and even the envelope I sent it in!!) with a compliments slip attached saying 'cheque needs to be payable to Lloyds TSB - please re-write the cheque and return with your request. Ok to do this I assume?
                  13/07/2011 - Sending request back to them with cheque payable to Lloyds TSB
                  14/07/2011 - received letter fromSCM Solicitors asking me to pay full balance with 7 days to avoid court proceedings, call within 7 days to come to an 'amicable agreement'
                  16/07/2011 - Sent letter to SCM Solicitors saying account is in dispute, dealing with it
                  23/07/2011 - Received letter back from Wescot saying ' Instructions have been received from our client to withdraw the account and therefore, you should receive no further contact from Wescot in relation to this matter' also received back my £1 cheque.
                  In2deep says ignore
                  10/10/2011 - Received letter from Robinson Way Limited, 'Formal Demand for Payment'. Pay it all. Now. Or we might tell our client to take you to court - ignoring for now
                  11/11/2011 - Statement received - Ignoring
                  15/11/2011 - Letter from Robinson Way, 'Immediate Action Required .... Pay up now
                  17/11/2011 - Sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                  12/12/2011 - Letter from Robinson Way, 'We have noted your dispute/query ... we're making enquiries ...stopping collection activity for time being, shall wait and see what they come up with
                  04/01/12 - Letter from Robinson Way 'Thank you for your recent contact, please forward the relevant fee's to our client to enable them to respond to your request under the Consumer Credit Act. Account is held for 14 days to enable you to do this. After this time collection activity will resume on your account. Ignoring
                  01/03/2012 - Letter from Credit Security - ' We have been instructed by our client to recover the outstanding debt. Settlement is required within seven days. Contact us.' Ignoring for now.
                  17/03/2012 - Letter from Credit Security 'We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent IMMEDIATELY'. Ignoring for now.
                  19/04/2-12 - Letter from Credit Security 'Following our recent communication we are pleased to confirm that our client is prepared to accept the sum of £739.67' providing payment is received by 27th April.
                  06/09/12 - Letter from Lloyds TSB, 'Because we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we instructing Moorcroft to arrange collection of the debt, please contact them ...'
                  13/11/12 - Letter from Lloyds TSB Statement for account, Basically just telling me what I owe them.
                  21/06/14 - Letter from Lowell ... 'Debt still outstanding... please pay up or we might ....'

Updated

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  Has Nids come back to you about this one? or Andrew?
                  No ... Heard nothing yet...

Comment

if Lowells haven't had a SWID, I'd get one off to them.

Comment

I've asked andrew to pop in. Sorry for the delay.

Use she the PM function and PM him if necessary.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you are going to make them an offer head the letter "without prejudice" and make sure that you tell them that the offer is made in full and final settlement of their claim. Be specific about the amount and how it will be paid e.g. "I offer £700.00 to be paid as a lump sum in full and final settlement of the claim within 14 days of such settlement being approved by the court by way of a Tomlin Order". It needs to be recorded in a court order now that they have issued proceeding and a Tomlin Order is the best way to deal with this. We can check the wording of any order that they send you to make sure it is correct.

Comment

Ah... #*&%

Hi .. I sent these a F&F offer, the offer I sent was £577, which was 40%, they have replied with this...

'Please note that our clients have informed us that there is a seperate outstanding account with their collections department with a balance of £658. The sum of £517 will not be accepted in settlement of all matters.
                          We can however comfirm that our client is prepared to accept £1160 in full and final settlement of proceedings under action ******** which relate to account no ********...'

Letter goes on to say payment must be made before 12 noon on 09 July (only received this letter today, this letter is dated the 03 July) and that the other account, which niddy declared unenforceable back on page one of the diary will still be owing and i should contact them to discuss settlement of that account.

Any advice..?

Comment

Sorry I can't help on this. I don't know if you could counter with a slightly higher amoun. I haven't seen the letter that you sent, but are there charges, is it enforceable? I only ask to see if there could be any leverage.
                            PM or email Niddy if you don't get a reply.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              Sorry I can't help on this. I don't know if you could counter with a slightly higher amoun. I haven't seen the letter that you sent, but are there charges, is it enforceable? I only ask to see if there could be any leverage.
                              PM or email Niddy if you don't get a reply.
                              Hi there, thanks for replying, it's an overdraft, so enforcabilities out of the question here

Comment

I thought if you had breached the terms of the overdraft that it turns into a credit agreement (very rough interpretation) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X