GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
    Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

DEBT #4
    • Type of account: Nationwide Credit card
    • Date commenced: September 2012
    • Approx balance: £4,200
    • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
    • Status Account: Defaulted August 2016
    • Account owner : Nationwide
    • CCA received: No, Moorcroft say nationwide unable to provide the info, but gave me a list of statements from 2017 - 2018.

Sent a CCA early March 2017. No response from them. I understand this will no doubt be enforceable but just want to see what they send anyway
    24th March 2017: CCA signed for at Nationwide.
    25th April 2017: Still no response regarding CCA request.
    May 12th 2017: Arrears letter received, and it appears to show that a partial payment of £1 has been made to the account in March. My CCA request standing order payment maybe!
    19th June 2017: 'Demand for payment letter' received. 7 days to contact them or they may instruct external agency to collect.
    3rd July 2017: Letter offering discount if i contact them within 7 days. Still no response to CCA request.
    6th July 2017: Phone-call from Nationwide (could be for my loan or overdraft account, but didn't make it far enough to find out which one). A rather uppity fella who got all petulant when i said i wanted to communicate in writing only and said 'i must warn you, that we will pass this onto an external debt collector'.
    12th July 2017: 'Final Notice' letter received. Contact within 7 days of letter or they will refer to Debt collection agency.
    5th August 2017: Letter from Nationwide informing me that Moorcroft will be taking management of the account on their behalf. Still no CCA received.
    8th August 2017: Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
    9th August 2017:Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
    10th August 2017: Moorcroft calling again. Left msg with family member to call them back!!!
    17th August 2017: Letter from Moorcroft saying to contact them by 21st August or they will take further action, and MAY send someone to my address!
    22nd August 2017: Harassment, and 'Don't send anyone to my door' letters sent to Moorcroft!
    30th August 2017: Moorcroft letter acknowledging my request to communicate in letter, and they will honour that just as long as stay in contact with them through writing though. They have given me 30 days.
    8th November 2017: Letter from Moorcroft asking me to get in touch or they MAY send somebody to my house.
    26th November 2017: Monthly installment offer letter received from Moorcroft. Still no CCA received from original request in March!!
    18th December 2017: Letter received from Moorcroft saying i have now been passed over to home division department

4th January 2018: I have sent another 'do not send anyone to my door' letter and a sold whilst in dispute letter to moorcroft
    20th January 2018: Moorcroft send a response to my SWID letter stating that they are not the account owner, and are legally instructed to try and collect by Nationwide. They also say their client is fully entitled to collect this balance, but nothing about the fact that i have had no response to my CCA request! They also go on to tell me that they receive a lot of this 'template' letters, and they tell me this by sending a template letter of their own... the irony! They advise that the letter i sent contained incorrect information, and i should seek free legal advice instead! They are putting my account on hold for 30 days so that i can seek legal advice!
    21st June 2018: Finally received some news from Moorcroft regarding my CCA request from over a year ago! They say Nationwide cannot provide this, but here is a list of statements instead from 2017 to 2018! Account on hold until 15th July 2018. They also mention my last payment to the account was my £1 postal order for the CCA request! Cheeky!
    30th July 2018: 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION' letter received from Moorcroft essentially saying 'to prevent further action, and potential consequences, you must offer your payment plan by 30th July' Will ignore.
    8th August 2018: MONTHLY INSTALLMENT OFFER letter received from Moorcroft. Ignored.
    24th August 2018: Letter from Moorcroft. As i have failed to contact them they make take one of 3 actions: Continue to send me letters etc... send someone to my house... or keep updating my credit file negatively.
    8th September 2018: Account now passed to home divisions (which it has been before) threat of doorstep visit! Will maybe send a 3rd letter saying i do not want one!! Will also send another SWID.
    17th September 2018: I have sent a SWID and 'do not send anyone to my door' letter for the 3rd time!!
    22nd September 2018: Moorcroft respond to my SWID and say they will investigate the complaint!
    11th November 2018: Moorcroft send reams of statements and transactions etc... but still awaiting CCA from nationwide apparently.
    17th November 2018: Moorcroft send letter saying they have been in touch with Nationwide and they say that they cannot locate the application form, and believe the account was opened online but can't be sure!! Strange! Account on hold until the 12th December.
    Hi guys

Sorry just another quick one...

I received a letter from Moorcroft stating that they have been in touch again with Nationwide regarding my CCA request, and that Nationwide cannot find the application form, but believe it was opened online but cannot be sure!! This AMAZED me really, as how can they not be sure how it was opened as it was opened in 2012! Surely they must know! Anyhow, is it safe to assume that after this letter that they dont have a chance of finding any CCA, reconstituted or otherwise?!

Cheers again
    Brussel

Comment

Hi guys

Sorry just another quick one...

I received a letter from Moorcroft stating that they have been in touch again with Nationwide regarding my CCA request, and that Nationwide cannot find the application form, but believe it was opened online but cannot be sure!! This AMAZED me really, as how can they not be sure how it was opened as it was opened in 2012! Surely they must know! Anyhow, is it safe to assume that after this letter that they dont have a chance of finding any CCA, reconstituted or otherwise?!

Cheers again
      Brussel
      Hiya, does sound like they will find it hard to comply with your CCA request,

My nationwide account has been passed / sold to Cabot, but as I have a letter from Nationwide saying they have sent everything they have about the account. Cabot are going to be a little dissapointed in thinking they are getting anything but a headache from me.

they sent a signed application flyer, 2 signed Direct debit mandates, and a recent T&C leaflet, no T&C from when it was taken out,
      they farmed it out but then took it back in 2015. heard nothing since then. till the letter saying they had passed it to cabot,
      let battle commence.

NW x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Hiya, does sound like they will find it hard to comply with your CCA request,

My nationwide account has been passed / sold to Cabot, but as I have a letter from Nationwide saying they have sent everything they have about the account. Cabot are going to be a little dissapointed in thinking they are getting anything but a headache from me.

they sent a signed application flyer, 2 signed Direct debit mandates, and a recent T&C leaflet, no T&C from when it was taken out,
        they farmed it out but then took it back in 2015. heard nothing since then. till the letter saying they had passed it to cabot,
        let battle commence.

NW x
        Thanks Nightwatch...i just find it remarkable that they are not sure how it was taken out! do they store nothing on their systems?!

anyhow, lets hope they come back with nothing

Thanks
        Brussel

Comment

just find it cheeky that Barclaycard - who have sold my debt - can contact Link and tell them to reduce the balance!! I guess they save money that way, but doesn't seem right to me!

This is what Jo posted on another thread when Barclaycard attempted to do the same thing >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post

If the debt has been assigned then Barclaycard should refund you direct as they no longer own the debt. Respond to them and reject their kind offer to pay PRA instead......

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

This is what Jo posted on another thread when Barclaycard attempted to do the same thing >

Di
            Thanks Di...i think i will send a letter to Barclaycard about this! Do i need to be careful in my wording though? as i don't want to be admitting liability here do i? Would it be best just to admit defeat on this one, and forget about it?
            Thanks
            Brussel

Comment

• never give into banks etc they are the bad guys with charges and schemes which border criminality, get that letter off to Barclays, sure Di can conjure one up for you?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                never give into banks etc they are the bad guys with charges and schemes which border criminality, get that letter off to Barclays, sure Di can conjure one up for you?
                Thanks Tech Clerk... I am all for taking on the banks and sending a letter, but i don't want to if it will be detrimental to me in the long run I guess the question is: could the fact i send a letter to barclays asking to send the refund to me, be used against me by Link as admission of a debt? Would there be any template letters for this kind of thing?

Thanks
                Brussel

Comment

• If the debt has been assigned then Barclaycard should refund you direct as they no longer own the debt. Respond to them and reject their kind offer to pay PRA instead..

this was the advice given to you by Jo the solicitor

Comment

• I am interested in this, as I have received letters like this recently. Worried like you Brussel that if I were to contact then I would be contacting them and staying off radar.

Comment

• if they want to pursue you they will regardless, there is chance they will not but how long is a piece of string?

Quote-t This was the advice given to you by Jo the solicitor- up to you but the next move is yours, unless you let them get away with it? they could if they wanted to buy back the alledged debt and credit account that way, any left owing could be sold off again for Tax purposes>????

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        if they want to pursue you they will regardless, there is chance they will not but how long is a piece of string?

Quote-t This was the advice given to you by Jo the solicitor- up to you but the next move is yours, unless you let them get away with it? they could if they wanted to buy back the alleged debt and credit account that way, any left owing could be sold off again for Tax purposes>????
                        Thanks Tech clerk for the advice.

I thought we had to stay under the radar, and not put ourselves in a position where we admit liability etc...surely going to Barclaycard (as much as i want to) would be admission, and i assume they have a direct line to Link, so IF i were to go to court, something like 'me contacting Barclaycard to get the refund' could come up, and surely put me in a worse position? I did see the advice from Jo saying to kindly send a letter to Barclays rejecting the offer, but there wasn't any info on whether this would affect me in the long run! sorry to waffle on!

Thanks

Brussel

Comment

• there is a very minor chance - but not come across such as jet i.e. you are only 1 person in hundreds of thousands they are chasing no doubt, so most office stuff is computer generated these days etc etc, there is always a chance buts odds are aginst this happeneing>

i.e. crossing the road chances are you get the otherside if you get my drift nothing in this life etc is 100% - most people overthink (I was one)

Comment

Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

DEBT #8

Type of account: Wonga PDL
                            Date commenced: November 2015
                            Approx balance: £340
                            Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
                            Status Account: defaulted April 2016
                            Account owner : Wonga
                            CCA received: Not yet requested.

Nothing sent to Wonga yet. Any suggestions as to what to do with these guys?

27th November 2017: Wonga send annual statement via email. Nothing else,no 'why are you not paying?' etc...

9th January 2019: Wonga have woken up. An email advising me that my account is on 38 day hold, and to complete an I&E form.
                            18th January 2019: Another email from Wonga asking me to fill in my I&E form
                            16th Feb 2019: Another email from Wonga saying collections activities have resumed on my account, and to take this very serious matter seriously etc...
                            Hi all

Hope everyone is good

Just a quicky... is anybody able to explain the Wonga situation please? I know they have gone into administration, but I am now being chased more than when Wonga were still running! 4 emails received now asking me to do an I&E. I am guessing these are just templates sent to everyone on the system, as they are threatening me with a default -even though i already have one! Do i just keeo ignoring this one? As the company is on the way out, do my chances increase of this one being easy to beat? Just a little unsure as to what to expect now...

Thanks
                            Brussel

Comment

• Hi Brussel
                              I would wait and see what comes next, they could, as you say, be sending to everyone on their client list, in the hope someone will pay up.

NW xxx

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                Hi Brussel
                                I would wait and see what comes next, they could, as you say, be sending to everyone on their client list, in the hope someone will pay up.

NW xxx
                                Thanks Nightwatch... that's what I am thinking I'll just wait to see what's next. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X